AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Just to let everyone know (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=33419)

Patrick Ô¿Ô May 23rd 05 03:49 AM

Just to let everyone know

Went to the Stealership today to see what they had, they had already sold
the red unlimited rubi a few weeks earlier, and they had a kaki one on the
lot. It had all the options I wanted, but hadn't thought about the kaki,
but my wife said she liked it, so I looked at it a little closer. It is the
6 spd, so I took it for a test drive. It drove Great. Went back to the
dealership and salesman wanted to talk money. I had been talking to a
different dealer for a while and they couldn't get the money where I wanted
it. an hour later I traded in my 2002 X and drove away in a Kaki Rubicon
Unlimited. I guess it is my wifes fault since I was going to wait and find
a Red one. Only one thing I don't like is already running 2K RPM's in 6th
at 50. Mileage is going to suffer I guess. Guess that is what happens when
you go from 3.07 gears to 4.11. Tires were about the same, I had 31 inch
BFG A/T's on the other, these equate to about 30 and 1/2 inches.

Patrick
Ô¿Ô

Patrick Ô¿Ô May 23rd 05 03:57 AM

Forgot to mention, It was born on my birthday. Guess it was just ment to
be.

Patrick
Ô¿Ô

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III May 23rd 05 03:57 AM

Congratulations Patrick.
I think light brown is a nice color, always looks clean, and
doesn't oxide like original choice.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Patrick Ô¿Ô May 23rd 05 04:03 AM

But the mud just won't look the same. It just blends in. The detail guys
weren't there today, so they told me to come back tomorrow and get it
cleaned up. Think I should give it a good coat of mud first?

Patrick
Ô¿Ô

Eric May 23rd 05 04:05 AM

ABSOLUTELY! ;-)

Eric

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III May 23rd 05 04:19 AM

We use to burn second gear by the showroom floor.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Nathan W. Collier May 23rd 05 04:29 AM

congratulations patrick, thats awesome. youll grow to love the khaki, i
sure did. its my favorite color i think. i would have got my '05 rubicon
in khaki (just like my '03 was) had it been available with the black top.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Patrick Ô¿Ô May 23rd 05 04:31 AM

I asked the dealer if they could switch tops, but my wife said no she like
the matching colors. That solved that, she let me get the jeep so I didn't
want to push my luck. How many rubicons did you end up getting? I remember
you have trouble with atleast one that DC replaced for you.

Patrick
Ô¿Ô

Patrick May 23rd 05 05:29 AM

i hope you wife will like the color of the mud on that new toy !!!

lol

Pat

news: ...

Nathan W. Collier May 23rd 05 06:31 AM