AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Z06 availability (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=59659)

Wood Butcher March 16th 06 04:58 PM

Z06 availability

Has anyone heard, will they increase production levels of the Z06 for the 2007
model year ?

Dad March 16th 06 05:49 PM

Z06 availability

"Wood Butcher" > wrote in message
et...

> Has anyone heard, will they increase production levels of the Z06
> for the 2007
> model year ?

GM typically builds about 35,000 Corvettes a year, 8,635 of them were
Z06s in 2003. In 2004 when the new style was on the horizon sales lost
out about 1,000 total units and the Z06 lost out on about 3,000 units.
My guess is that right now the feeding frenzy is still on and will
take a dive as more information on the pie in the sky "Blue Devil"
comes out. The up side is that they could kill the Cadivette and build
many more Z06s on that line. To answer your question, yes, they will
build more Z06s but don't look for it to be more than 10,000 per year.
Then again they may add a front license plate bracket and call it the
C7 and throw it into another scenario all together.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Bob I March 17th 06 02:10 AM

Z06 availability

All the stuff I see indicates the annual rate of 7000 cars, based on
what the subs are suppling in the way of frames and carbon fiber pieces.

xblazinlv March 18th 06 06:46 PM

Z06 availability

Dad wrote:
> "Wood Butcher" > wrote in message
> et...
> >
> > Has anyone heard, will they increase production levels of the Z06
> > for the 2007
> > model year ?
> >

> GM typically builds about 35,000 Corvettes a year, 8,635 of them were
> Z06s in 2003. In 2004 when the new style was on the horizon sales lost
> out about 1,000 total units and the Z06 lost out on about 3,000 units.
> My guess is that right now the feeding frenzy is still on and will
> take a dive as more information on the pie in the sky "Blue Devil"
> comes out. The up side is that they could kill the Cadivette and build
> many more Z06s on that line. To answer your question, yes, they will
> build more Z06s but don't look for it to be more than 10,000 per year.
> Then again they may add a front license plate bracket and call it the
> C7 and throw it into another scenario all together.
>
> --
> Dad
> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd