AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   M Z3 info please (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=20561)

tech27 January 20th 05 04:47 AM

M Z3 info please

Hi,

I'm looking at a M Z3 -1998 but have no idea what to be wary of or what
issues may be of concern with this car.

VIN: LC87432
Body Type: Cabriolet
Exterior Colour: Blue
Interior Colour: Estoril Blue leather
Transmission: Manual
Stock#: DB1658

There are no additional
options installed.

Kilometres: 48,801
Price: $35,800 Canadian (About $29,100 US).

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

PS-I've already done extensive web searches for information. Now I'm looking
for the good stuff - newsgroup scuttlebutt.

Thanks

The Malt Hound January 20th 05 02:50 PM

"tech27" > wrote in message
o.verio.net...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at a M Z3 -1998 but have no idea what to be wary of or what
> issues may be of concern with this car.

It is either an M coupe or M Roadster. I see this one is an M-roadster (from
the VIN).

Here's a good web site if you have not already seen it:
http://www.mz3.net/

The problems with these cars will (obviously?) be the same as 98 M3
(engine-wise) and 98 Z3 (chassis wise).

Great car. It's what I really wanted when I got my 2.8L Z3, but could not
locate "the right one".

-Fred W

Scooter January 20th 05 06:13 PM

I have one for sale for 20K in northern VA. E-mail me if interested.

o.verio.net...

tech27 January 20th 05 06:22 PM

"The Malt Hound" <Malt_Hound@*no spam please*yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "tech27" > wrote in message
> o.verio.net...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking at a M Z3 -1998 but have no idea what to be wary of or what
>> issues may be of concern with this car.

> It is either an M coupe or M Roadster. I see this one is an M-roadster
> (from the VIN).
>
> Here's a good web site if you have not already seen it:
> http://www.mz3.net/
>
> The problems with these cars will (obviously?) be the same as 98 M3
> (engine-wise) and 98 Z3 (chassis wise).
>
> Great car. It's what I really wanted when I got my 2.8L Z3, but could not
> locate "the right one".
>
> -Fred W

Thanks for the info. It is a roadster. What do you think of the price?

The Malt Hound January 20th 05 06:34 PM

"tech27" > wrote in message
o.verio.net...

> "The Malt Hound" <Malt_Hound@*no spam please*yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "tech27" > wrote in message
>> o.verio.net...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm looking at a M Z3 -1998 but have no idea what to be wary of or what
>>> issues may be of concern with this car.

>> It is either an M coupe or M Roadster. I see this one is an M-roadster
>> (from the VIN).
>>
>> Here's a good web site if you have not already seen it:
>> http://www.mz3.net/
>>
>> The problems with these cars will (obviously?) be the same as 98 M3
>> (engine-wise) and 98 Z3 (chassis wise).
>>
>> Great car. It's what I really wanted when I got my 2.8L Z3, but could
>> not locate "the right one".
>>
>> -Fred W
>>

> Thanks for the info. It is a roadster. What do you think of the price?

Seems a bit high, but you would have to compare to what they are getting for
them in your area.

-Fred W

Al Floer January 20th 05 10:33 PM

I think the price is HIGH. But if you pay it, that make my 34k mile 2000 M
worth even more, right? My car does not have any problems to date. But I
care for it and do all BMW service and still change fluids, by time not
mileage. Oil is by mileage or 2 times a year no matter what. The only part
that I have come loose is the driver air vent near the windshield. Must not
have gotten much adhesive at the factory. The M had heated seats and elect
top control and different interior.

Now as for changes. I now have the car BMW should be proud to call a M. H&
Sport Springs, Ground Control Koni Shocks, BMP upgrade sway bar and
bushings, Cold air filter like Dinan, and a Chip. Your car will be soft in
the rear when pushed.

But get in it a drive it with the top down and you may not stand a change of
not buying the car.

Good Luck,

Al Floer

There is a solution!"