AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   156 V6 spark plugs (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=254)

Ppelectron July 10th 04 09:14 AM

156 V6 spark plugs

I'm just wondering how easy it is to remove the spark plugs on a 156 V6? I
gather you have to remove part of the engine to gain access but it's not
obvious which part from looking at it. Has anyone done this? It has been a
simple job on my other cars, but the Alfa is in a different league!

David C July 10th 04 09:38 AM

"Ppelectron" > wrote in message
> I'm just wondering how easy it is to remove the spark plugs on a 156 V6? I
> gather you have to remove part of the engine to gain access but it's not
> obvious which part from looking at it. Has anyone done this? It has been a
> simple job on my other cars, but the Alfa is in a different league!

You need to remove the plenum chamber to get to the rear bank of cylinders.
--
David C
156 Selespeed sp3 + Brembo conversion

Alfistagj July 10th 04 12:42 PM

"Ppelectron" > schreef in bericht
> I'm just wondering how easy it is to remove the spark plugs on a 156 V6? I
> gather you have to remove part of the engine to gain access but it's not
> obvious which part from looking at it. Has anyone done this? It has been a
> simple job on my other cars, but the Alfa is in a different league!

Nothing bad meant, but if you can't find them, how are your mechanical
skills??
I would even let you try to find mine.............
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

Ppelectron July 10th 04 01:33 PM

Maybe it's easier on the small engined 156 like yours? It think the question is
perfectly valid for the V6. You should have a look at one sometime and you will
see what I mean.

Alfistagj July 10th 04 01:42 PM

"Ppelectron" > schreef in bericht
> Maybe it's easier on the small engined 156 like yours? It think the

question is
> perfectly valid for the V6. You should have a look at one sometime and you

will
> see what I mean.

ever took a look under the bonnet of a 1.8?? or a/my Montreal??

Jacopo July 12th 04 03:35 AM

Ppelectron is right.

On the V6 engine the spark plugs are under the cilynder head coverage; the
2nd isn't so difficult to remove, but if you want to remove the 1st, you
have to remove the air intake box, that's on the top of it.

--
Jacopo
Bolzano, Italia

messaggio news:OuRHc.1611$vH5.1359@amstwist00...