AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   62 bug: Need help with distributor identification (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=64261)

bokuglen May 4th 06 01:25 AM

62 bug: Need help with distributor identification

My VW distributor has a strange rotor, and I'm looking for the correct
replacement tune up parts. (It is not the original unit that came with
the car.)

The rotor, instead of being rectangular when looking from above like
the majority of VW rotors, is mostly round, about 3/4" diameter, with a
blunt point coming out one side for the electric contact point. The
spindle the rotor sits on does not have a felt oil pad in its center
like later models - it is solid metal.

The diameter of the distributor is 60mm - fairly small.

And on the bottom of the drive shaft, there is a number: 211 905 247.
No other numbers are to be found.

Can anyone tell me what the correct points/rotor/condensor are for this
distributor?