AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   hey bill (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=22759)

john January 30th 05 07:20 PM

hey bill

hey bill, do you have a site that i can use to replace the light for the
four wheel drive on/off in the dash for a 98 cherokee. thanks john jr

Kevin in San Diego January 30th 05 08:01 PM

Im betting your light is fine.
KH

Jeff Strickland January 30th 05 08:38 PM

Me too.

If the light does not come on, something else is the matter. Well, the bulb
could be burned out, but it isn't very likely.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III January 30th 05 08:38 PM

http://www.billhughes.com/4x4indicator.pdf
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III January 30th 05 08:40 PM

Ditto, I betting it's in the vacuum hoses, or remote switches.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Matt Macchiarolo January 30th 05 10:51 PM

No vaccum disconnect in '98.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III January 30th 05 11:03 PM

Correct, but there are hoses leading to and from the vacuum switch
sitting on the transfer case atop shift rods, to the vacuum sensor
switch that some have said may be on the cowl inside with the engine,
that they occasionally squire penetrating oil into to make thier light
work.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Mike Romain January 30th 05 11:45 PM

The vacuum switch on the t-case seems to be problematic on the newer
Cherokees. Lots of folks have replaced it with someone saying their
parts store carried a lot because they go through them fast.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III January 31st 05 12:29 AM

Hi Mike,
They may have switched them to an electrical like the TJs:
http://www.rubicon4x4.com/catalog/ad...2 31&x=21&y=5
But, I wanted Matt, to crawl under his and see for himself. ;-)
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Matt Macchiarolo January 31st 05 12:30 AM

AFAIK there are no vacuum switches on the 98 cherokee T case. There wasn't
on my '93. The 4x4 indicator is controlled by a mechanical contact switch,
not vacuum.Perhaps you could post the PDF that shows a vacuum switch on the
'98 cherokee. If there is no vacuum disconnect, why would there be a vacuum
switch?