AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   ALFA 156 1.8TS - CAMBELT FAILURE (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38795)

gero July 22nd 05 04:37 AM

ALFA 156 1.8TS - CAMBELT FAILURE

hi,
Help required. Cambelt went last night on my 156 18.TS. Noticed it
was playing up night before and went on the way to the garage!!!!

I know this is going to cost me. Can anyone give me an idea of what
to expect.

Its failed just before 60k - is this normal. If seen other posts
suggesting this shouldn’t happen so early.

Any help / advice would be appreciated

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Alfa-Romeo...ict130007.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=633445

Catman July 22nd 05 06:48 AM

gero wrote:

> hi,
> Help required. Cambelt went last night on my 156 18.TS. Noticed it
> was playing up night before and went on the way to the garage!!!!

How did you notice it?

> I know this is going to cost me. Can anyone give me an idea of what
> to expect.

General opinion is ~£1500-£2000

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

alfistagj July 22nd 05 04:19 PM

Since August 2000 the general policy is 3 years or 60000km although Alfa has
been quit reluctant advertizing this.
They just hope you come in at 60000km or 3 years and then give you a strong
advice (just to be sure.....) to change the belt befor it fails. Sounds good
in relation to what happens when the belt fails! So most owners will do so.

"gero" > schreef in bericht
news:1_633445_bf19e459446848fda42f6c7d636bf0c6@aut oforumz.com...

[email protected] July 23rd 05 01:05 AM

Mine went on my 2.0 TS at 55k miles and I was quoted =A32500. As it was
under the scheduled change and had full dealer service history Alfa
picked up the bill.