AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   High Mileage VW Bug Mileage (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13599)

Nate Nagel March 31st 05 12:38 PM

John Willis wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:01:21 -0500, Shag
> > scribbled this interesting note:
>

>>Dude, I think you should go hug a tree and tell it all that stuff
>>while you're hugging it. You're tempting me to sell my Honda Civic
>>and go buy an old muscle car and do donuts with it on the lawn of the
>>first person I see with a hybrid car in their driveway. Just voicing
>>my opinion. I'm allowed to do that, too. :-)

> So which muscle car flavor do you tend towards???
>
> 'Stang? 'Cuda?? 'Vette??? Some other flavor????
>
> Also, do you find that stock or some kind of after market tires give
> you the best result on lawns!?:~)

I saw in the latest Coker Tire catalog that they're reproducing the old
dirt track tires now :)

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Everbody March 31st 05 07:54 PM

You and everyone else can get MORE than 100 MPG on your VW's. You have
to accept the belief that YOU can get 100 MPG instead of your car. YOU
pay the fuel bills to move YOU, so disassociate yourself from your
favorite, personal vehicle. If you take the train, bus, hitchike,
carpool, then your personal MPG is really low. (Instead of MPG, I
suggest BPM. Bucks Per Mile, because YOU have to travel, your VW doesn't
have to travel.) If you're smuggling drugs in the heater ducts, yeah,
your car has to travel. If YOU need to get to work, your VW can snooze
and enjoy zero MPG while you spend chump change on government subsidized
transportation, AMTRAK, municiple bus, train, motorized sidewalk, or
carpool.

Last time I checked, the earth isn't creating a lot of dinosaur juice to
keep up with demand. We need that slimy stuff to lubricate stuff,
manufacture stuff and medicate stuff. Burning it up in machines that
move people is kind of provincial, to use a word I don't know much about
but have an inkling that it fits here.

We're DOUSED daily in energy from the sun. In fact the earth, somehow,
stored up a lot of that energy in dinosaur poop and bogs and peat over
millions of years.
When my grandmother gave me $10 for my birthday it was more money than I
had ever seen in one place. Wow! Candy, comic books and cheap toys for
all. Then I learned that it didn't last. I'd have to deliver papers or
do chores for neighbors for more of the good stuff. Why haven't we
learned that on earth? Somebody or something has to work for the good
stuff. My grandmother probably scraped and sweated for a single dollar
in the depression but was able to give me $10 after a lifetime of toil.
It's a gift and gifts must be acknowledged with something. Gratitude? A
sign of maturity and thankfullness? Or should gifts be hoarded and
fought over?
The earth is giving us untold amounts of energy that it scraped and
sweated to accumulate over millions of years. We've only been taking it
for what, 100 years or so? And now we're fighting over the scraps? I say
let's find out who's making money over those scraps and what they're
making us pay and fool us into fighting for those scraps. Reject that
game and look for better places to slack our thirst. We are making
progress and fighting over scraps is not progress.

-Harry in Fresno

Mike64Bug April 1st 05 01:31 AM

One too many psilocybin mushrooms...

--
>>>Mike

'64 sunroof Beetle
'55 semaphore Beetle

MUADIBŪ April 1st 05 03:22 AM

Snippity Snip Snip 8<
>rear of mine and had it all jacked up into the sky. :-)
>http://www.avonhill.com/thumbnails/c...ac_LeMans.jpeg

I backed into one of those once.....................

LOL

the guy called my insurance company and told them I hit his
"PONTYAK LEMMONS".............they shared that with me.

LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIBŪ

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.

Karls Vladimir Peņa April 1st 05 06:44 PM

There's a kind of tree here in the D.R. that has inch long torns all over
it, maybe that's the right tree. Or pringamosa, which causes a severe rash
just by touching the leaves.

Karls

Everbody April 2nd 05 03:54 AM

Switch to reality, pal. Anybody die or get horribly maimed in the latest
oil wars from your part of the country?
If you think this gravy train will run forever you're a fool.

-Harry in Fresno

Tim Rogers April 2nd 05 05:01 AM

"Everbody" > wrote in message

> Switch to reality, pal..........snip

.................Nobody in this newsgroup wants to be your 'pal'.

ESADMF

Joey Tribiani April 2nd 05 12:16 PM

"Everbody" > wrote in message
> Switch to reality, pal. Anybody die or get horribly maimed in the latest
> oil wars from your part of the country?
> If you think this gravy train will run forever you're a fool.
>
> -Harry in Fresno
>
> Randall Brink wrote:
> > Switch to decaf.

please have your perscription refilled before you bore us all to
death...surely you don't want our deaths on your hands do you?

Joey Tribiani April 2nd 05 12:17 PM

"Tim Rogers" > wrote in message
> "Everbody" > wrote in message
> >
> > Switch to reality, pal..........snip
> >

> ................Nobody in this newsgroup wants to be your 'pal'.
>

> ESADMF

wow....getting more frequent...i agree with Tim.....especially that last
part

Shag April 2nd 05 03:34 PM

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 06:17:04 -0500, "Joey Tribiani" >
wrote:

>"Tim Rogers" > wrote in message
>> "Everbody" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Switch to reality, pal..........snip
>> >

>> ................Nobody in this newsgroup wants to be your 'pal'.
>>

>> ESADMF
>>

>wow....getting more frequent...i agree with Tim.....especially that last
>part

I still just think he should hug a tree. This one:
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/ashley.fa..._tree_bris.jpg

---
"There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people get shot."
- Inspector Harry Callahan