AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Warranty and changing stuff? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=20708)

[email protected] January 20th 05 08:48 PM

Warranty and changing stuff?

Got a used A4 in the UK, still under warranty, will changing bulbs etc
invalidate the warranty in any way? and/or will audi change any free of
charge (as a 'good will' gesture)?

Any comments appreciated...

Gaz

Chris Bartram January 20th 05 09:39 PM

wrote:
> Got a used A4 in the UK, still under warranty, will changing bulbs etc
> invalidate the warranty in any way? and/or will audi change any free of
> charge (as a 'good will' gesture)?
>
> Any comments appreciated...
>
> Gaz

The warranty will probably exclude bulbs, so you won't find them
changing them, unless they do it to show how nice they are.

I suppose if you put high-wattage bulbs in and burned out your wiring
(or melted the plastic reflectors..)they'd say that wasn't covered, but
I can't see any problem with fitting correct-wattage E approved bulbs.

Peter Smith January 21st 05 02:50 AM

> wrote...

<< Got a used A4 in the UK, still under warranty, will changing bulbs etc
invalidate the warranty in any way? and/or will audi change any free of
charge (as a 'good will' gesture)? >>

On this side of the Pond, the dealerships cover replacement lights. Best
thing to do is give them a ring and ask.

Peter Smith

Gaz February 10th 05 10:00 PM

Many thanks

Gaz