AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1998 Dodge Caravan Front Speaker replacement (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71608)

TRBERK August 6th 06 02:45 PM

1998 Dodge Caravan Front Speaker replacement

I'm trying to find out how to replace my front speaker on my Dodge
Caravan. Anyone have any info on this?

[email protected] August 6th 06 05:14 PM

TRBERK wrote:
> I'm trying to find out how to replace my front speaker on my Dodge
> Caravan. Anyone have any info on this?

I did this about a month ago- my passenger side speaker was
intermittant. It involved prying up the black plastic section on top of
the dash. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I think I got it
popped loose in front, then gently pried the right edge toward the left
and up. I think I kind of arched the whole thing up to get it loose
from the right edge. I don't remember any screws. I do remember popping
it back into place after replacing the speaker.

Once you get that black plastic deck up, you can see the speakers and
they're only held by 2 screws. They do have special slide-on connectors
for the wiring.
-Paul