AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   1993 Audi 90s A/C problems (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=23350)

Tracy February 5th 05 05:14 PM

1993 Audi 90s A/C problems

I just recently bought an Audi 1993 Audi 90s. I'm attempting to charge the
A/C, which is R134a. My question is, does Audi make some type of special
attachment(fitting) that needs to use to recharge this thing? I'm
attempting to charge from the low side, under the car. Any help of advise
on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. You can e-mal me at
or reply at

Randolph February 6th 05 06:34 PM

Tracy wrote:

> I just recently bought an Audi 1993 Audi 90s. I'm attempting to charge the
> A/C, which is R134a. My question is, does Audi make some type of special
> attachment(fitting) that needs to use to recharge this thing? I'm
> attempting to charge from the low side, under the car. Any help of advise
> on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. You can e-mal me at
> or reply at

Was the system originally R134a, or has it been converted from R12 at
some point? I know in the days of R12, VW used a slightly non-standard
fitting for the low pressure side, and I had a hard time finding an
adapter so that I could recharge it (with R12). I eventually found the
adapter at a larger auto parts store.