AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   importance of torque signals in steering wheel (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=34047)

[email protected] May 30th 05 12:49 PM

importance of torque signals in steering wheel

Sir,
I want to know importance of torque signals from steering wheel in
electronic power steering system.How it is related to the motor asist
power in electronic power steering system.

sdlomi2 May 31st 05 04:09 AM

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Sir,
> I want to know importance of torque signals from steering wheel in
> electronic power steering system.How it is related to the motor asist
> power in electronic power steering system.

The way I see it, it's similar to SCV-radio system that came out first
on, I think Corvette convertibles. This system is a "speed compensated
volume" control--the faster you drive, the louder the radio plays to
compensate for increased extraneous noise from increased speed. I see a
similarity to the torque signals--when it malforms, you can surely feel it
when, say rounding a curve--a deep-seated feeling in the tummy of loss of
control. HTH, s