AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tranny Delay in 2001 A4Q 2.8 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26404)

Dennis W March 9th 05 12:05 AM

Tranny Delay in 2001 A4Q 2.8

Shifting into D from P or R takes a couple seconds for the tranny to
respond. It seems to shift fine. Is this common or what? TIA

Tony March 9th 05 02:06 AM

First, check trans. oil level; if level is O.K. then next is to change oil.
If the car sits outside in bitter cold (like in Michigan), you may want to
switch to synthetic oil. A good synthetic oil is "Red Line"; take a look at
this site http://www.redlineoil.com/. Make sure you're getting the correct
oil for your car (call Red Line they'll tell you which to buy).

kenny March 9th 05 03:32 AM

hi,

I drive a 2000 a4 1.9 tdi with the 4 speed automatic transmission. i've got
the same problem. when i shift from N to D it takes a couple of seconds, and
when i press the gass instantely, i feel a shock. the same when put into R.
i life in belgium, normal climat.

when you've got the problem solved, could you send the solution to me? :)

kind regards, kenny
"Dennis W" > schreef in bericht

Ronny March 11th 05 12:02 AM

"kenny" > wrote in message
> hi,
>
> I drive a 2000 a4 1.9 tdi with the 4 speed automatic transmission. i've

got
> the same problem. when i shift from N to D it takes a couple of seconds,

and
> when i press the gass instantely, i feel a shock. the same when put into

R.
> i life in belgium, normal climat.
>
> when you've got the problem solved, could you send the solution to me? :)
>
> kind regards, kenny

usually it means you are low on transmission fluid, or as the previous guy
says "Cold Weather"

The fluid needs to become viscous, use a better quality gearbox oil