AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Seat Belt Replacement (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=62734)

Angelo April 18th 06 10:49 PM

Seat Belt Replacement

I have a 91 Wranger and need to replace the driver's side seat belt.
I've talked to the dealership and they want an arm and a leg for a
replacement. Do you guys have any experience with aftermarket belts?

If so, which ones would you recommend?

Thanks.
Angelo

Earle Horton April 18th 06 11:29 PM

Seat Belt Replacement

You don't want to skimp on seat belts. These guys have a kit, that includes
both front shoulder belts, for Jeeps from '82 to '95, for $129.71. I have
the Land Cruiser version of this belt, in my FJ40, and it works great.

http://store.yahoo.com/coolfj40/seatbeltsjeep.html

My experience with "one design fits all" aftermarket belts, is that they
don't work properly, in anything. You have to modify something, or weld a
bracket, to even get them to work. They should be called "one design
doesn't fit anything" belts.

Earle

oups.com...