AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Shouldn't 2005's be about $39,000 now (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=70963)

PJ July 29th 06 08:18 AM

SO wrote:
> Should a nice 2005 with about $15,000 miles cost about $39,000 now? You see
> them at dealers for about $42,500-44,000 but they're out of their minds
> since I've seen new 2006's at closeout for that price. What prices have you
> seen? Thanks!
>
> SO

The old rules for depreciation aren't working on either C5s or C6s in
SoCal. My '02 has risen about $4K since I bought it late last year. I
recently looked at an '03 50th anniv. convertible (w/17K miles) at $
38,400 for a friend. The car was on the lot for 10 days and sold for
$36,500.

Owners aren't selling and some guys on lease terminations have opted to
convert to ownership.

PJ
'89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe

dave July 29th 06 04:44 PM

Shouldn't 2005's be about $39,000 now

I bought my 2006 LS2 Coupe with the basic 1 LT package , last Feb. for
: $39,960 plus tax . Had 18 miles on the odometer. This was $5000
off of MSRP. Got in at a good time cause this dealer had 3 of these
most basic Vettes left .

Dad[_1_] July 29th 06 05:06 PM

"SO" > wrote in message
> Should a nice 2005 with about $15,000 miles cost about $39,000 now? You see
> them at dealers for about $42,500-44,000 but they're out of their minds since
> I've seen new 2006's at closeout for that price. What prices have you seen?
> Thanks!
>
> SO

There you go, those dealers just don't know how to sell cars. Me thinks that you
should op for the new 2006 that you saw for 42.5K. Don't see the problem of
obtaining a new vehicle for 2.5k more, what was the hold up? Must be that huge
depreciation that I hear about all of the time is slipping a bit? After I traded
my '04 the price went up for about 6 months, feature that.

On the other hand there is a coupe in Colorado Springs at $39,888 and one in
Wilbraham, MA at $37,995 and another at $31,888 in Miami then there's the one in
Richardson TX for $39,974. If you're set on buying at the cheapest price
possible be prepared to travel, also be prepared to be disappointed. I've chased
that goose to many times in my life to believe that an advertised low price is
on the up and up. Might be your time to get lucky, go for it.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

SO July 30th 06 06:00 AM

"SO" > wrote in message
> Should a nice 2005 with about $15,000 miles cost about $39,000 now? You
> see them at dealers for about $42,500-44,000 but they're out of their
> minds since I've seen new 2006's at closeout for that price. What prices
> have you seen? Thanks!
>
> SO

I apologize for the date on my computer being wrong. If using Outlook,
highlight the message and hit delete.

SO

Hockeyguy August 4th 06 06:56 PM

"SO" > wrote in message
> Should a nice 2005 with about $15,000 miles cost about $39,000 now? You
> see them at dealers for about $42,500-44,000 but they're out of their
> minds since I've seen new 2006's at closeout for that price. What prices
> have you seen? Thanks!
>
> SO

look on edmonds website - it is fairly accurate...