AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Goodbye... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69065)

Don Manning July 6th 06 05:12 AM

Goodbye...

To the Mustang that is. My 89 GT has been sold. For a measly $3200. Once
again, I have sold my current Mustang to my wife's little brother.

I don't drive it anymore, damn near everything on it is brand new. Figure
someone needs to get some use out of it. All he has is a motorcycle and
drives a pretty good distance from college to home on a fairly often basis.
So now he has something for rainy days. I gave him the huge family discount,
as the price he is paying is a good chunk below what I was asking. Aww
shucks, I didn't need all that spare cash anyways. I can now pay off a loan
that has been slowly depleting my blood supply over the last month or so.

The only thing that kills me is that the last one I sold him no longer runs
and is sitting in the backyard at the in-laws house.

In other news, I was getting rid of the CV (work car) and looking for an
Impala. Well God spoke, or rather turned my head a week ago and MADE me see
a 2001 ex-SSV Expedition. So I bought it that day. I have managed to keep it
a Ford Family driveway. However, due to the current vehicle selection in my
driveway I am definitely doing my part to end the environment. I also have
the 05 Excursion.

I keep expecting the Sierra Club to paint ball my house.

Hope all is well with the old-timers in here...and everyone else.

Don Manning

WindsorFox[_1_] July 6th 06 07:25 AM

Goodbye...

Don Manning wrote:
> To the Mustang that is. My 89 GT has been sold. For a measly $3200. Once
> again, I have sold my current Mustang to my wife's little brother.
>
> I don't drive it anymore, damn near everything on it is brand new. Figure
> someone needs to get some use out of it. All he has is a motorcycle and
> drives a pretty good distance from college to home on a fairly often basis.
> So now he has something for rainy days. I gave him the huge family discount,
> as the price he is paying is a good chunk below what I was asking. Aww
> shucks, I didn't need all that spare cash anyways. I can now pay off a loan
> that has been slowly depleting my blood supply over the last month or so.
>
> The only thing that kills me is that the last one I sold him no longer runs
> and is sitting in the backyard at the in-laws house.
>
> In other news, I was getting rid of the CV (work car) and looking for an
> Impala. Well God spoke, or rather turned my head a week ago and MADE me see
> a 2001 ex-SSV Expedition. So I bought it that day. I have managed to keep it
> a Ford Family driveway. However, due to the current vehicle selection in my
> driveway I am definitely doing my part to end the environment. I also have
> the 05 Excursion.
>
> I keep expecting the Sierra Club to paint ball my house.
>
> Hope all is well with the old-timers in here...and everyone else.
>
> Don Manning

<sniff> I may be in the same boat soon. I've gotten where I rarely
drive my Mustang, but I must say that when I do it is exciting.

--
"The moon being made of green cheese, being necessary
to the feeding of a hungry bunch," - Quaestor

Scott Van Nest July 6th 06 01:48 PM

Goodbye...

Whenever you feel like a ride, just call. I have the '71 running now.

Scott
.com...

elaich July 6th 06 03:39 PM

Goodbye...

"Don Manning" > wrote in
.com:

> The only thing that kills me is that the last one I sold him no longer
> runs and is sitting in the backyard at the in-laws house.

Why not get the old one back and fix it up? What year? Model?

dwight[_1_] July 6th 06 07:03 PM

Goodbye...

"Don Manning" > wrote in message
.com...
> To the Mustang that is. My 89 GT has been sold. For a measly $3200. Once
> again, I have sold my current Mustang to my wife's little brother.

Let me know when you're ready to dive back in. I've got that '93 GT
convertible for a special RAMFM price.

:()

Don Manning July 7th 06 09:47 AM

Goodbye...

"dwight" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Don Manning" > wrote in message
> .com...
>> To the Mustang that is. My 89 GT has been sold. For a measly $3200. Once
>> again, I have sold my current Mustang to my wife's little brother.

> Let me know when you're ready to dive back in. I've got that '93 GT
> convertible for a special RAMFM price.

That really isn't fair. The wife would love to have a convertible. She would
most likely drive it instead of the Excursion! Until it was time to load
kids up.

Have to think on this one for a bit.

Don Manning

nospam July 10th 06 11:28 PM

Goodbye...

Funny. I was on vacation last week and was thinking about all of the work
I've done on my '72 mach1(and what I have left). I was realizing that in 7
years, my oldest will start college and I'll probably have to sell it to get
money together for tuition. The thought almost made me cry. I hope there's
an alternative, or maybe he might get a scholarship (the kid's only received
one "B" up through 5th grade, the rest "A's"). Hope he keeps it up. (Must
get it from his Mom).
Dave