AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   wrangler diesel coming soon? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=36547)

jbratton June 26th 05 02:54 PM

wrangler diesel coming soon?

Anyone know if a Wrangler diesel is coming any time soon? I have 2000
Cherokee and 2K Sahara... I don't want to buy another car unless it is a
Jeep w/diesel ... (& I don't fancy the liberty).

Dave Milne June 26th 05 03:12 PM

Don't think so, (unless you are a military customer buying the TJL in which
case you can apparently get a 2.8 CRD).

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ
m...

[email protected] June 26th 05 05:56 PM

No, unfortunately or fortunately you will have to build one if you
want one. There is no reason any of several extant engines can't be
fitted in a YJ or TJ.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III June 26th 05 06:08 PM

Reason: http://www.dieselnet.com/standards/us/light.html
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

[email protected] June 26th 05 08:41 PM

If they can sell the VM engine in the Libty they can sell it-or a 6
cylinder variant-in the TJ. Obviously.

We desperately need Euro II standards for onroad diesel fuel and we
need it now. While I respect OOIDA I disagree with them on this issue.
The price will go up four to six cents a gallon and the big operators
will have to raise their rates. Operators of OLD engines with CAV or
Roosa Master pumps or early PT Cumminses-the only engines that can't
handle Euro II-will have to add oil or refit alternate pumps. And
that's not a single linehaul engine on the road today.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III June 26th 05 09:55 PM

Fortunately diesel powered polluters are banned from California:
http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins.../C02-51826.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Nat Man June 27th 05 05:17 PM

Your best bet would be to check and see if one is distributed in Europe or
Australia and bringing it over here.

Nat Man

m...

[email protected] June 29th 05 12:55 AM

Diesel powered polluters are more common in California than anywhere
else-the REAL polluters: Class 8 trucks belching soot. Automotive
diesels are far cleaner.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III June 29th 05 01:18 AM

Yes, I was so happy when the Mercedes across the street form me,
died.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

[email protected] June 29th 05 04:36 AM