AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   This Old Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73322)

goodnigh August 28th 06 02:47 AM

This Old Mustang

Just returned from a camping trip to Yosemite.
Lots of twisting turning up and down mountain roads
at up to 7200 feet elevation.
Always have been told classic American muscle cars are fast,
in a straight line. True, but they just as fast on these roads.
My '71 Grande stuck to the road like a suction cup.

I told a fellow camper the car felt like it was on a track.
He replied that is because it was designed to BE on
a track.

There are no gas stations in Yosemite so I asked a camper
how far was the nearest as I wanted to top off the tank before
exploring the Valley. I was told 45 minutes to one hour
one way depending on traffic. I made the round trip in under one
hour and the only traffic was a couple of BMWs that kept
flashing their brake lights around "dangerous" curves. bummer.

mike