AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   MY VW TRANSPORTER 2.4 DIESEL IS OVERHEATING (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38955)

t4 July 24th 05 03:36 AM

MY VW TRANSPORTER 2.4 DIESEL IS OVERHEATING

HI ALL

NO SIGN OF GASKET DAMAGE , BUT EVEN AFTER A SHORT JOURNEY THE WATER IS
BOILING AND THERE IS PRESSURE IN THE HEADER TANK IS COMES BURSTING OUT
WHEN I OPEN IT EVEN AFTER 20 MIN OF THE ENGINE NOT RUNNING..NEED HELP?

1993 2,4 D VW T4 TRANSPORTER AAB ENGINE :( :(

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Volkswagen...ict130358.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=634946

Joseph Meehan July 24th 05 01:30 PM

t4 wrote:
> HI ALL
>
> NO SIGN OF GASKET DAMAGE ,

What have you done to check for gasket damage?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Woodchuck July 24th 05 07:17 PM

How do you know the HG is OK, but from what you say the head needs to come
off!

news:1_634946_cad9bb7d93c2bae3d452d07392c6fe2a@aut oforumz.com...

t4 July 24th 05 09:35 PM

"" wrote:
> t4 wrote:
> > HI ALL
> >
> > NO SIGN OF GASKET DAMAGE ,

> What have you done to check for gasket damage?
>
> > BUT EVEN AFTER A SHORT JOURNEY THE WATER IS
> > BOILING AND THERE IS PRESSURE IN THE HEADER TANK IS COMES

> BURSTING OUT
> > WHEN I OPEN IT EVEN AFTER 20 MIN OF THE ENGINE NOT

> RUNNING..NEED HELP?
> >
> > 1993 2,4 D VW T4 TRANSPORTER AAB ENGINE :( :(

> --
> Joseph Meehan
>
> Dia duit

i checked for murky colored oil and oil in the coolant no sign of it
.. but it gets real hot .

shawn

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Volkswagen...ict130358.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=635485

Joseph Meehan July 26th 05 02:23 PM

t4 wrote:
> "" wrote:
>> t4 wrote:
>> > HI ALL
>> >
>> > NO SIGN OF GASKET DAMAGE ,

>> What have you done to check for gasket damage?
>>
>> > BUT EVEN AFTER A SHORT JOURNEY THE WATER IS
>> > BOILING AND THERE IS PRESSURE IN THE HEADER TANK IS COMES BURSTING
>> > OUT WHEN I OPEN IT EVEN AFTER 20 MIN OF THE ENGINE NOT
>> > RUNNING..NEED HELP?
>> >
>> > 1993 2,4 D VW T4 TRANSPORTER AAB ENGINE :( :(

>> --
>> Joseph Meehan
>>
>> Dia duit

> i checked for murky colored oil and oil in the coolant no sign of it
> . but it gets real hot .

Those are some inductors of head gasket problems, but you really need to
do more.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Joseph Meehan July 27th 05 12:47 AM

"t4" > wrote in message
news:1_636610_1f07075492b0a2598fc2b01953b66a62@aut oforumz.com...
> "" wrote:
> > t4 wrote:

> > BURSTING

> > > i checked for murky colored oil and oil in the coolant no

> > sign of it
> > > . but it gets real hot .

> > Those are some inductors of head gasket problems, but you
> > really need to
> > do more.
> >

> > > shawn

> > --
> > Joseph Meehan
> >
> > Dia duit

> can you give me some suggestions .
>
> i have changed the water pump !
>
> i have changed the thermostat!
>
> i have changed the raditor cap!
>
> i have used a block reparer through the cooling system !
>

> i noticed today that there is bubbly foam on top of the water when you
> open the water tank but its not thick foam its like bubble bath foam
> then dissapears after a few minutes.
>
> shawn

It seems you have eliminated everything likely other than the one you
don't want it to be. I sure looks like the head gasket. Do a compression
check

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

t4 July 28th 05 05:39 PM

"" wrote:
> "t4" > wrote in message
> news:1_636610_1f07075492b0a2598fc2b01953b66a62@aut oforumz.com...

> COMES
> > > BURSTING

> NOT

> no
> > > sign of it
> > >
> > > Those are some inductors of head gasket problems, but

> you
> > > really need to
> > > do more.

> > > --
> > > Joseph Meehan
> > >
> > > Dia duit

> > can you give me some suggestions .
> >
> > i have changed the water pump !
> >
> > i have changed the thermostat!
> >
> > i have changed the raditor cap!
> >
> > i have used a block reparer through the cooling system !
> >

> > i noticed today that there is bubbly foam on top of the

> water when you
> > open the water tank but its not thick foam its like bubble

> bath foam
> > then dissapears after a few minutes.
> >
> > shawn

> It seems you have eliminated everything likely other than
> the one you
> don't want it to be. I sure looks like the head gasket. Do a
> compression
> check
>

> --
> Joseph Meehan
>
> Dia duit

how to do a compression check?

shawn

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Volkswagen...ict130358.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=638002

http://www.usenet.com

Joseph Meehan July 28th 05 08:50 PM

t4 wrote:
> "" wrote:
>> "t4" > wrote in message
>> news:1_636610_1f07075492b0a2598fc2b01953b66a62@aut oforumz.com...

>> > can you give me some suggestions .
>> >
>> > i have changed the water pump !
>> >
>> > i have changed the thermostat!
>> >
>> > i have changed the raditor cap!
>> >
>> > i have used a block reparer through the cooling system !
>> >

>> > i noticed today that there is bubbly foam on top of the water when
>> > you open the water tank but its not thick foam its like bubble
>> > bath foam then dissapears after a few minutes.
>> >
>> > shawn

>> It seems you have eliminated everything likely other than
>> the one you
>> don't want it to be. I sure looks like the head gasket. Do a
>> compression
>> check
>>

>> --
>> Joseph Meehan
>>
>> Dia duit

> how to do a compression check?

You either find someone with a compression gauge for a diesel or you buy
one and follow the instructions.

I suggest you may want to buy a shop or repair manual for your
transporter. It will have detailed instructions, trouble shooting guide and
most important in this case, the compression norms for your engine.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

t4 July 28th 05 11:36 PM

"" wrote:
> t4 wrote:
> > "" wrote:
> >> "t4" > wrote in message
> >> news:1_636610_1f07075492b0a2598fc2b01953b66a62@aut oforumz.com...

> IS COMES

> THE ENGINE

> coolant no sign

> but you

> water when

> bubble

> >> It seems you have eliminated everything likely other

> than
> >> the one you
> >> don't want it to be. I sure looks like the head gasket.

> Do a
> >> compression
> >> check
> >>

> >> --
> >> Joseph Meehan
> >>
> >> Dia duit

> > how to do a compression check?

> You either find someone with a compression gauge for a
> diesel or you buy
> one and follow the instructions.
>
> I suggest you may want to buy a shop or repair manual for
> your
> transporter. It will have detailed instructions, trouble
> shooting guide and
> most important in this case, the compression norms for your
> engine.
>

> > shawn

> --
> Joseph Meehan
>
> Dia duit

thank you for your help mate ..

i will do that

shawn

also if my car smokes when i put my foot down the color of the smoke
is black .. quite a bit of smoke comes out when you rev it .. ?

what could this be ?

shawn

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Volkswagen...ict130358.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=638198

Joseph Meehan July 29th 05 01:27 AM

t4 wrote:
> "" wrote:
>> t4 wrote:

>> IS COMES

>> THE ENGINE

>> coolant no sign

>> but you

>> than

>> Do a

>> > how to do a compression check?

>> You either find someone with a compression gauge for a
>> diesel or you buy
>> one and follow the instructions.
>>
>> I suggest you may want to buy a shop or repair manual for
>> your
>> transporter. It will have detailed instructions, trouble
>> shooting guide and
>> most important in this case, the compression norms for your
>> engine.
>>

>> > shawn

>> --
>> Joseph Meehan
>>
>> Dia duit

> thank you for your help mate ..
>
> i will do that
>
> shawn
>
> also if my car smokes when i put my foot down the color of the smoke
> is black .. quite a bit of smoke comes out when you rev it .. ?
>
> what could this be ?

It could be normal. Diesels tend to do that. It could also mean a
injector timing issue.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit