AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Water coming out of blower in floorboard (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72014)

JeepXJ August 11th 06 12:46 AM

Water coming out of blower in floorboard

I have an '06 TJ just purchased in July. We have had a couple of
extremely HOT and HUMID days here in Kentucky. I was setting idle
waiting for a light to change. When I turned right, water poured from
the blower area under the dash and into my shoe. I felt in the blower
vent and could feel a lot of moisture on the plastic. I checked the
other floor mat and it was wet too. This was in the late afternoon of
the day. I checked the following morning while the air was running and
there was nothing. My gut tells me it was condensation, but I don't
want to take the chance. On my '01 XJ I never experienced such water
dripping. Has anyone else experienced this on a TJ?

Jeff Strickland[_1_] August 11th 06 12:50 AM

Water coming out of blower in floorboard

There is a drain hose that is plugged, mostly likely with carpet fibers. You
should be able to find a rubber drain hose, disconnect it and push a hanger
through it to clear it out. If you get it right, you will soon notice
puddles on the driveway after you park ...

oups.com...