AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Door Hinge Question.... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=24980)

Ervin Charles February 21st 05 07:42 PM

Door Hinge Question....

Hey All,
I've got slack in the drivers door hinges on my 76 vert. Is there a tool
available, either store bought or homemade that will allow me to press out
the pins in the hinge instead of beating them out with a punch and hammer?
Have any of you changed them out? I'm wide open to any 'best practices' to
eliminate the sagging door.
Thanks,
Charles

AXL February 26th 05 12:49 AM

I have removed them before,, I used a little heat on the outside edge of
hinge,, and drove out from the bottom up. if you try to beat out from top,
you are asking for trouble!!!!