AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   156 - Windscreen wiper problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=494)

Dave Savage October 14th 04 09:40 AM

156 - Windscreen wiper problem

My 156 (1998, 55k miles on the clock) has developed an intermittent problem
with the wipers. In summary, the wipers refuse to work (sometimes !!) -
either they won't sweep at all, or only very sluggishly. Up to now, I've
managed to get them going by switching wipers on/off a few times.

Is this a sign of eccentric electrics and/or a dying wiper motor ?

If the latter, any ideas what a new motor will cost (parts and fitting) ??

Dave S.... 156 2.0 SP2 '98 :>))

Paul Woodsford October 14th 04 09:13 PM

The wiper unit on a 147 is one piece, Motor + L & R wiper drives. Fitted by
4 bolts cost £112 inc vat.

--
Paul.Woodsford
Remove **NOSPAM** to reply.
"Dave Savage" > wrote in message
> My 156 (1998, 55k miles on the clock) has developed an intermittent
> problem
> with the wipers. In summary, the wipers refuse to work (sometimes !!) -
> either they won't sweep at all, or only very sluggishly. Up to now, I've
> managed to get them going by switching wipers on/off a few times.
>
> Is this a sign of eccentric electrics and/or a dying wiper motor ?
>
> If the latter, any ideas what a new motor will cost (parts and fitting) ??
>
> Dave S.... 156 2.0 SP2 '98 :>))

---