AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Information needed (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=25409)

JP February 26th 05 01:28 AM

Information needed

I need some help from anyone who is familiar with older VW beetles. This
could help me in a criminal case. I am looking for documentation that would
give me the wheel base and track measurements and if any VW beetles has
positive traction. I have tire tracks in my yard that are associated with a
violent attack on a family member. I have reason to believe it was my
neighbor who drives an older model VW beetle convertable. Please email me if
you can help. THANKS in advance!

(remove NOSPAM to email me.)

Shag February 26th 05 04:02 AM

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:28:47 -0500, "JP"
> wrote:

>I need some help from anyone who is familiar with older VW beetles. This
>could help me in a criminal case. I am looking for documentation that would
>give me the wheel base and track measurements and if any VW beetles has
>positive traction. I have tire tracks in my yard that are associated with a
>violent attack on a family member. I have reason to believe it was my
>neighbor who drives an older model VW beetle convertable. Please email me if
>you can help. THANKS in advance!

(remove NOSPAM to email me.)

Hey, I saw that movie. "My Cousin Vinny" or something like that?
Give us a link to a newspaper article about what you describe because
there's no way it wouldn't have made it into a local paper. I'd love
to read about it. I mean, unless you are just trolling.

---
"There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people get shot."
- Inspector Harry Callahan

JP February 26th 05 02:44 PM

Nevermind!

If a smartass answer is all I am going to get, then I can find out on my
own.

Must be a thing with VW owners.

jjs February 26th 05 03:12 PM

"JP" > wrote in message
. ..
>I need some help from anyone who is familiar with older VW beetles. This
>could help me in a criminal case.

The exact wheel base depends upon the year of the convertible, but the later
years had 95. 1/3" X 54 1/3". Earlier is about an inch shorter and a bit
more than two inches narrower.

bill may February 26th 05 03:19 PM

length 13ft.4 inch width 60.6 inch height 59 inch 1967 model yr. 13ft
4inch length 5ft .6 inch height 4ft.11 inch 1966 and down does this
help?? not all beetle owners have this info. i also would like more
info. track width front is 51.4 inchs rear is 50.7 inchs turning
circle between walls is 36ft. between curbs is 34 ft 6inches this info
is 61-65 beetle and convertible.

[email protected] February 26th 05 06:33 PM

What is positive traction?

Shag February 26th 05 09:26 PM

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:44:17 -0500, "JP"
> wrote:

>Nevermind!
>
>If a smartass answer is all I am going to get, then I can find out on my
>own.
>
>Must be a thing with VW owners.

I don't currently own a VW. Lighten up. It was a good movie.

>"Shag" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:28:47 -0500, "JP"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>I need some help from anyone who is familiar with older VW beetles. This
>>>could help me in a criminal case. I am looking for documentation that
>>>would
>>>give me the wheel base and track measurements and if any VW beetles has
>>>positive traction. I have tire tracks in my yard that are associated with
>>>violent attack on a family member. I have reason to believe it was my
>>>neighbor who drives an older model VW beetle convertable. Please email me
>>>if
>>>you can help. THANKS in advance!

(remove NOSPAM to email me.)

>> Hey, I saw that movie. "My Cousin Vinny" or something like that?
>> Give us a link to a newspaper article about what you describe because
>> there's no way it wouldn't have made it into a local paper. I'd love
>> to read about it. I mean, unless you are just trolling.
>>

>> ---
>> "There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people
>> get shot."
>> - Inspector Harry Callahan

---

Joey Tribiani February 26th 05 09:42 PM

.. .

**** you...move on then...must be something with bellsouth users...

jjs February 26th 05 09:56 PM

> wrote in message

> What is positive traction?

It means that the OP's skidmarks are lined up. Maybe he turns his underwear
inside out every other day.