AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Intrepid (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72907)

e lowejr August 22nd 06 02:45 PM

Intrepid

Hi all. My sister in law just bought a 2002-Intrepid,she traded off
her-98Ram.What or if there are any major issues with this car.They had
the trans problem,with the Ram,does the Intrepid have simlar or any
problems? Thanks for any information.

aarcuda69062 August 22nd 06 09:19 PM

Intrepid

In article >,
(e lowejr) wrote:

> Hi all. My sister in law just bought a 2002-Intrepid,she traded off
> her-98Ram.What or if there are any major issues with this car.

Depends on which engine she got.

A/C evaporators have been trouble prone over the years.
Other than that, tons of room, comfortable, fun to drive and good
fuel economy are the only major issues.

> They had
> the trans problem,with the Ram,does the Intrepid have simlar or any
> problems? Thanks for any information.

The transmissions (transaxle) are very reliable.

GreyRock August 26th 06 09:06 PM

Intrepid

In article
aarcuda69062 > wrote:

> In article >,
> (e lowejr) wrote:
>
> > Hi all. My sister in law just bought a 2002-Intrepid,she traded off
> > her-98Ram.What or if there are any major issues with this car.

> Depends on which engine she got.
>
> A/C evaporators have been trouble prone over the years.
> Other than that, tons of room, comfortable, fun to drive and good
> fuel economy are the only major issues.
>
> > They had
> > the trans problem,with the Ram,does the Intrepid have simlar or any
> > problems? Thanks for any information.

> The transmissions (transaxle) are very reliable.

Had my 02 ES since 11-02. No real issues here. I had the crankshaft
sensor and idler pully replaced at the dealer. Other than that, I can't
complain. Good Luck, I love mine.