AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Q: 330ix? Any specific problems? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=25346)

Mr Physics February 25th 05 06:55 PM

Q: 330ix? Any specific problems?

Looking to purchase a used (possibly certified) 330ix. Are there any
"watch-fors" on these machines?
How is does maintenance and operating cost compare to a conventional
RWD-only model?

Thanks

fbloogyudsr February 26th 05 08:17 AM

"Mr Physics" <mrDOTphysics@rogersDOTcom> wrote
> Looking to purchase a used (possibly certified) 330ix. Are there any
> "watch-fors" on these machines?
> How is does maintenance and operating cost compare to a conventional
> RWD-only model?

I have 66K miles on my '01 - nary a problem worth mentioning (although
the radio is crap.) It takes one more quart for an engine oil change (at
$3/quart), and you probably want to change the diff fluid every 30K, the
transmission takes a little more oil, but other than that, no difference.

Floyd