AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Frankenstein Bolts (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=20491)

Dave December 25th 04 10:10 PM

Frankenstein Bolts

Ok, got the kit to put the hardtop on my 2000SE. I have the hardtop from a
previous car and the 2000SE I got did not have the hardware. When I tried
to install the frankenstein bolts, they hit the sides of the recess and do
not recess into the holes in the rectanguar chrome piece behind the top, I
think they should go all the way into the recess, no??? Since they do not,
what do I need to do??? Get a new rectangular piece that has a slightly
larger recessed hole??

Dave
2000SE

Dave December 25th 04 11:17 PM

to Vietnamese style fried rolls, they have lots of meat
(of course this can consist of chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp).
Who can resist this classic appetizer; or light lunch served with
a fresh salad? Versatility is probably this recipe?s greatest virtue,
as one can use the best part of a prime, rare, yearling, or the
morticians occasional horror: a small miracle stopped short by a
drunk driver, or the innocent victim of a drive-by shooting...

2 cups finely chopped very young human flesh
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup bean sprouts
5 sprigs green onion, finely chopped
5 cloves minced garlic
4-6 ounces bamboo shoots
Sherry
chicken broth
oil for deep frying (1 gallon)
Salt
pepper
soy & teriyaki
minced ginger, etc.
1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water
1 egg beaten

Make the stuffing:
Marinate the flesh in a mixture of soy and teriyaki sauces
then stir fry in hot oil for till brown - about 1 minute, remove.
Stir-fry the vegetables.
Put the meat back into the wok and adjust the seasoning.
De-glaze with sherry, cooking off the alcohol.
Add broth (optional) cook a few more minutes.
Add the cornstarch, cook a few minutes till thick,
then place the stuffing into a colander and cool;
2 hours
Wrap the rolls:
Place 3 tablespoons of stuffing in the wrap, roll tightly -
corner nearest you first, fold 2 side corners in,
wrap till remaining corner is left.
Brush with egg, seal, and allow to sit on the seal for
a few minutes.
Fry the rolls:
325° if using egg roll wraps, 350° for spring roll wraps.
Deep fry in peanut oil till crispy golden

Chris D'Agnolo December 28th 04 12:04 AM

I believe that they are supposed to stick up 3/4" to 1" for the rear latches
on the hard top to grab onto. I don't have a hard top but I do have the
bolts installed, the tall one in the hole toward the front and the down-in /
flush one in the rear most hole on each side. Try it that way and I think
you'll find it works correctly. I guess it does look a bit funny when you
look at it though.

Chris
92BB&T

Grant Edwards December 28th 04 03:41 AM

On 2004-12-25, Dave > wrote:

> Ok, got the kit to put the hardtop on my 2000SE. I have the
> hardtop from a previous car and the 2000SE I got did not have
> the hardware. When I tried to install the frankenstein bolts,
> they hit the sides of the recess and do not recess into the
> holes in the rectanguar chrome piece behind the top, I think
> they should go all the way into the recess, no???

Yes, the bottom of the Frankenstein bolt "head" should sit down
in the hole with the O-ring on the bottom of the bolt head
sealing against the bottom of the counter-sunk hole.

> Since they do not, what do I need to do??? Get a new
> rectangular piece that has a slightly larger recessed hole??

You are putting the F-bolts in the forward-most holes in the
rectangular chrome piece, right?

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I want to read my new
at poem about pork brains and