AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   1992 Explorer Turn signal problems (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71853)

Kleptic August 9th 06 03:43 AM

1992 Explorer Turn signal problems

Im having a problem with my 92 Explorers turn signals. The problem is
when i turn on my car, my top brake light, and my passenger rear
blinker start flashing. i think that the left one doesnt flash because
that its burned out. When i turn the blinker on, either direction, it
doesnt stop the flashing. If i turn my hazards on the front signals
work and the top brake light goes off. There are no blown fuses. Ive
been told that it is possibly the multi function switch? Any ideas as
to what else it might be? Any help would be appreciated.

Jake B. August 31st 06 03:02 AM

1992 Explorer Turn signal problems

The multi-function switch is definitely a good bet. On Explorers which are
used for towing, sometimes the socket for the trailer lighting causes
similar symptoms due to oxydated contacts in the socket itself or the
wiring. Cleaning the socket usually solves the problem. If it doesn't become
any better, the multi-function switch is most likely the cause...

ups.com...