AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   E46 Climate Control Fan (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69393)

ReddDawg[_1_] July 10th 06 04:15 PM

E46 Climate Control Fan

2000 323i

The fan on the climate control will just stop. All indicators/displays
show normal. If you push the vent selection buttons and the AUTO button
several times back and forth it will usually come back on but is quite
irritating.

Anyone had any experience with this?

torretta July 11th 06 09:21 PM

E46 Climate Control Fan

ReddDawg wrote:
> 2000 323i
>
> The fan on the climate control will just stop. All indicators/displays
> show normal. If you push the vent selection buttons and the AUTO button
> several times back and forth it will usually come back on but is quite
> irritating.
>
> Anyone had any experience with this?

Research syptoms related to a faulty "Final Stage Resistor".

ReddDawg[_1_] July 12th 06 02:27 PM

E46 Climate Control Fan

After much googling I tend to agree. Went to order the part from
BavAuto. Get an email back stating the part is on back order. Call Bav
to scream at them because they arevery, very bad about completing
orders and then informing you that things are on back order. The guy on
the phone tells me "nope, we had 40 in stock, show 39 in stock now..."