AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Dodge Challenger Shows Up On Cruise Night (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=66072)

[email protected] May 27th 06 02:45 AM

Dodge Challenger Shows Up On Cruise Night

Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how
far off can the Challenger be from production?

Look out, Mustang!

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...ise-night.html

Patrick

Joe May 27th 06 03:24 AM

Dodge Challenger Shows Up On Cruise Night

wrote in
ups.com:

> Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how
> far off can the Challenger be from production?
>
> Look out, Mustang!

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...usive-one-off-
do
> dge-challenger-rolls-cruise-night.html
>
> Patrick

Wow! Awesome. Ford has got to up the ante to play this game. And you
can bet they've seen this stuff already.

BTW, further down in the thread there's this site with more Challenger
pix, not to mention the row of Ford GTs (all with Cali tags):
http://www.drewphillipsphotography.com/cc51306

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

John C. May 27th 06 01:59 PM

Dodge Challenger Shows Up On Cruise Night

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how
> far off can the Challenger be from production?
>
> Look out, Mustang!

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...ise-night.html

That's a beautiful thing...

I'm certainly interested, can't wait for pricing and options info.

With one of the lesser hemis under the hood, I'll bet they could really
impact
Mustang GT sales at the 25k pricepoint.
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

Backyard Mechanic May 27th 06 04:59 PM

"John C." > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how
>> far off can the Challenger be from production?
>>
>> Look out, Mustang!
>>

> http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...ive-one-off-do
> dge-challenger-rolls-cruise-night.html
>>

> That's a beautiful thing...
>
> I'm certainly interested, can't wait for pricing and options info.
>
> With one of the lesser hemis under the hood, I'll bet they could
> really impact
> Mustang GT sales at the 25k pricepoint.

Yeah... THAT car is a beut.. but note that it's because it reproduces all
the good point of the original's body lines.

Will Chrysler take the hint from what we think and avoid modernizing it
with a 'rib-cage beltline', like the charger and the other 'hemi's'?

It is NOT the super hemi that's gonna make the car viable. It's the
looks.

you pay..DEAL with it!

John C. May 27th 06 05:58 PM

"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote in message
> "John C." > wrote:
>

> > > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >> Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how
> >> far off can the Challenger be from production?
> >>
> >> Look out, Mustang!
> >>

> > http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...ive-one-off-do
> > dge-challenger-rolls-cruise-night.html
> >>

> > That's a beautiful thing...
> >
> > I'm certainly interested, can't wait for pricing and options info.
> >
> > With one of the lesser hemis under the hood, I'll bet they could
> > really impact
> > Mustang GT sales at the 25k pricepoint.

> Yeah... THAT car is a beut.. but note that it's because it reproduces all
> the good point of the original's body lines.

It's the only car in recent memory that looks great to me from *every*
angle.

> Will Chrysler take the hint from what we think and avoid modernizing it
> with a 'rib-cage beltline', like the charger and the other 'hemi's'?

I'm hoping...
The Charger concept certainly got hit with the ugly stick, in the move from
turntable-to-showroom.

> It is NOT the super hemi that's gonna make the car viable. It's the
> looks.

Indeed!
Just give me _that_ body...I'll gladly handle the upgrades as needed. :)
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

HerkyJerky May 29th 06 03:22 AM

Dodge Challenger Shows Up On Cruise Night

Independent rear suspension eh?

HerkyJerky May 29th 06 03:24 AM

Dodge Challenger Shows Up On Cruise Night

Independent rear suspension eh? Of course the Mustang concept had one
too I believe.