AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   96 Plymouth Voyager Radiator Relay Question (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73692)

JeffinMS September 2nd 06 04:09 PM

96 Plymouth Voyager Radiator Relay Question

Hi, new to group but I am definitly at my last options before taking this
thing to a dealer for what should be simple fix. The problem is the radiator
fan stays on when the engine is shut off. There was a tech bulletin that
said the relay could fail in the open position causing the fan to stay
running. I have eliminated everything like clogged radiator, bad fuse etc. I
am 99% sure its the relay switch. The problem is I cannot find the relay. So
my question is "Does anyone here know where the relay switch is coming off
the radiator on a Plymouth Grand Voyager (96)"?. I would think it might be
in the same place as the Grand Caravan because they are basically the same
van. This vehicle has the 3.3 litre. Thanks in advance. J

maxpower September 2nd 06 07:51 PM

"JeffinMS" > wrote in message
> Hi, new to group but I am definitly at my last options before taking this
> thing to a dealer for what should be simple fix. The problem is the

radiator
> fan stays on when the engine is shut off. There was a tech bulletin that
> said the relay could fail in the open position causing the fan to stay
> running. I have eliminated everything like clogged radiator, bad fuse etc.

> am 99% sure its the relay switch. The problem is I cannot find the relay.

So
> my question is "Does anyone here know where the relay switch is coming off
> the radiator on a Plymouth Grand Voyager (96)"?. I would think it might be
> in the same place as the Grand Caravan because they are basically the same
> van. This vehicle has the 3.3 litre. Thanks in advance. J

The fan relay is located just under the battery mounted on the frame rail.
There was also a recall out on this to have it replaced. E mail me the last
8 numbers of the vin and I will tell you if you have an outstanding recall
on this.
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech