FishKeepingBanter.com

FishKeepingBanter.com (http://www.fishkeepingbanter.com/index.php)
-   Cichlids (http://www.fishkeepingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   55 African Cichlid tank (http://www.fishkeepingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=60705)

Jason May 29th 06 06:25 PM

55 African Cichlid tank

Hi,
my wife and I have a 55 gallon african Cichlid tank we have a total of 10
cichlids and we were wondering what would cause a fish to discolor our
labidochromis caerulues (electric yellow) is now a brown color and we are
not sure why, he doesnt looked stressed we have had our water check on a
regular basis to see if maybe it was a ammonia problem the water checked out
fine our PH lvls are good and we were just wondering what it could be, we
have 2 Pengiun 350's as our filters and a bunch of real rocks, any ideas
would be great as the only other people we have to ask is around here is the
local petsmart (not saying anything bad ) but they are not the best of
advise for cichlids we went ahead and put ammo lock in there just to be safe
than sorry and we did a 15-20% water change as well

Thanks
Jason

Koi-Lo May 29th 06 06:40 PM

55 African Cichlid tank

Ah, Jason Sweetie Cakes, The fish and aquaria groups are closed, and
they are being converted to gay and lesbian groups or porn groups, so
Let me introduce myself to you. I am Carol Gulley, aka Koi Lo the
head ho and pimp mistrress of the koi lo sock puppet. no one here is
really interested in your cichlids, but your welcome to join in an
orgie we are having at my house in Mt. Juliet, TN.......

If yur wanting to talk about stupid fish I suggest you do a search
through the rest of the crap in this or other usenet forums and find
the gay and lesbian freshwater aquarium forum that was recently
opened up on google. They are a safe sex organization so feel free
to enter the ir google based forum without the need to protect yu
asshole.

Gary K. June 3rd 06 12:01 PM

55 African Cichlid tank

Hi Jason,

I've had yellow labs for over a year and now have a tank full of 2-3" ones
that I've raised from parents that were both a bright yellow color. Now
that they've matured, it seems that only about 50% are bright yellow, the
rest are paler yellow and some have some black verticle stripes that are
more or less visible at different times. I also have one of the brown ones
that you describe(not really a solid brown, but with a brown cast to it).
It's actually a very healthy and attractive fish, but not at all like either
of the parents. Perhaps you have one with this type of coloration. It
didn't turn this color until it matured. By the way, I bought the parents at
petsmart.

Gary

Phil September 15th 06 05:06 AM

55 African Cichlid tank

I've known people who've sworn that certain foods will make them go that
brown color.

swarvegorilla October 6th 06 10:54 AM

55 African Cichlid tank

"Phil" wrote in message
I've known people who've sworn that certain foods will make them go that
brown color.

?
missed this whole convo but food that contain
Astax as a colour ingredient will enhance females colour to that of males
e.g. a melanochromis interuptus yellow female fed astax colour food would go
blake and blue like a male one.
However lecky yellows fed astax show 'dirty' stains as the astax encourages
melanin growth in a fish with very little normally (heck normally a blue
fish hey)