AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   90 Cherokee A/C flap stuck (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72505)

Bill[_6_] August 16th 06 06:21 PM

90 Cherokee A/C flap stuck

Anyone know what to check to see why no air comes out the front vents?
It does go out the defrost and I think the bottom. Just stopped working
yesterday. It's August and its hot! Thanks in advance - Bill

Mike Romain August 16th 06 06:53 PM

90 Cherokee A/C flap stuck

I would be checking the vacuum connection on the rear of the intake
manifold for leaks.

There is a vacuum reservoir that sits under the bumper but the lines run
under the battery. They can go bad there too.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Bill[_6_] August 18th 06 03:13 AM

90 Cherokee A/C flap stuck

Mike, is there some way to temporarily force the flap back so that the
air will only come out the front? If so how please? Thanks - Bill

Mike Romain August 18th 06 01:53 PM

90 Cherokee A/C flap stuck

As far as I know it takes about 10 hours labor to do that.... You have
to start by removing the steering column, then the whole dash has to
come out.....

Mike