AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Interesting Reading in Automobile On-Line (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13586)

vwluvrs November 19th 04 04:38 PM

Interesting Reading in Automobile On-Line

I will leave it for the *experts*

http://www.automobilemag.com/columns/0307_vilegossip/

Freddy Badgett November 19th 04 06:06 PM

vwluvrs wrote:

> I will leave it for the *experts*
>
> http://www.automobilemag.com/columns/0307_vilegossip/

I linked the article to the Studebaker newsgroup. This should be
intersting. There are a few historians that frequent that newsgroup and
may have clues as to the validity of that cars history.

Freddy

Elwell November 19th 04 07:39 PM

"Why would you restore it? It's ugly. And all the research in the world
won't make it beautiful."

This is kind of a bitch writing the article. I think the car looks sweet.
kinda VW meets Caddillac.
As for ugly, i have seen much worse restored to original condition. And
considering this is a one only car It probably plays a major role in
Volkwagen history. I say more power to you and good luck on the search.

Jeremy