AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How do you store your hard top? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=61203)

Kate April 2nd 06 03:40 AM

How do you store your hard top?

I am looking at all of this stuff on the web and my owner's manual says
store it flat on the floor.

Is anyone using the vertical cart system?
Any other suggestions?
Hubs is getting ready to build an electric hoist and rack system for it, we
may just leave it up there like a pinata...

Kate

mabar April 2nd 06 04:01 AM

How do you store your hard top?

I have a large shelf on one side of my 2-car garage that is 58" high. I
remove the rear seat, back the Jeep up to the shelf, then get inside the
rear and lift the hard top with my back up onto the shelf. Pretty impressive
for an old fart like me.

It stays on the shelf from about April 15th to November 15th.

Tom

Seahag April 2nd 06 04:19 AM

How do you store your hard top?

Our landlord stores his on the ground under a tree in our
parking lot. Makes a great place for my dog to poop in
inclement weather.

Seahag

Earle Horton April 2nd 06 04:28 AM

How do you store your hard top?

I have a couple of long saw horses about the same height. In the winter, I
put canoes and a ladder on them.

Earle

reconair April 2nd 06 05:19 AM

How do you store your hard top?

Here's what I use...
http://www.savannajones.com/products/12020_02_07.htm

Scott
91YJ

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III April 2nd 06 05:55 AM

How do you store your hard top?

http://www.discountjeepparts.com/cat...ducts_id/18036
http://www.jeepworld.com/accessories/wrangler/dolly.htm
http://store.rnventions.com/index.php?cat_id=52&catname='Jeep%20Hardtop%20Hois ts'
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Kate April 2nd 06 01:05 PM

How do you store your hard top?

That IS pretty impressive Tom!
It was about all we could do to get it off and now it is sitting up in the
shop right in the way!

I don't have a place in the garage where I can build a shelf and hubs it not
wanting to give it a permanent home in the shop.
He says he doesn't want it to get hurt up there. I think it's because it's
the last place he has around here that he can call his own and he doesn't
want me moving in with my Jeep stuff LOL

Kate

:
: It stays on the shelf from about April 15th to November 15th.
:
: Tom
:
: "Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
: ...
: > I am looking at all of this stuff on the web and my owner's manual says
: > store it flat on the floor.
: >

Kate April 2nd 06 01:05 PM

How do you store your hard top?

LMAO!
Oh crap! That was funny!

Kate April 2nd 06 01:13 PM

How do you store your hard top?

THAT is very much like what hubs has in mind only he is thinking a rail
system.
We went to Memphis yesterday and got an electric hoist.

Kate April 2nd 06 01:55 PM

How do you store your hard top?

Thanks Bill! Lots of good ideas there.
I would like to store it in a way that the mud dobbers can't get to it and a
verticle rack on rollers sounds ideal to me.
I was just concerned about warpage. Of course thh owner's manual says to
only store it flat, but then it will be hanging where I will bang my head on
it and I can't cover it up there.
If I put it on a vertical rack with rollers then I can store all the other
stuff with it too, put a good zipper cover on it and it will stay nice and
clean.

Geeze... all this property and not a damn place to put a hard tip.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I could go buy one of those nice wooden sheds just for Jeep stuff.

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
:
http://www.discountjeepparts.com/cat...ducts_id/18036
: http://www.jeepworld.com/accessories/wrangler/dolly.htm
: