AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   92 accord inigtion problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=59717)

videowow March 17th 06 05:30 AM

92 accord inigtion problem

Thought I would post this info as it may help someone else out. My 92'
accord cut off one morning. Radio still on but seemed to have no fire.
2 minutes later if started up ran for a hour. The next morning it did
it 3 times. The next morning it did 25 times but I did finally get it
home. Turns out it was the ignitor or ignition module. The honda book
calls it ignitor. I read a couple of other threads on this site to
determine what it might be. Looks like this is it! This forum is better
than any dealership. PS Be sure to use heat shink when you mount the
ignitor. Keep your new one from going bad.

Jeff

--
videowow
videowow's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=358117

http://www.automotiveforums.com

TeGGeR® March 17th 06 11:57 PM

92 accord inigtion problem

videowow > wrote in
:

> Thought I would post this info as it may help someone else out. My 92'
> accord cut off one morning. Radio still on but seemed to have no fire.
> 2 minutes later if started up ran for a hour. The next morning it did
> it 3 times. The next morning it did 25 times but I did finally get it
> home. Turns out it was the ignitor or ignition module. The honda book
> calls it ignitor. I read a couple of other threads on this site to
> determine what it might be. Looks like this is it! This forum is better
> than any dealership. PS Be sure to use heat shink when you mount the
> ignitor. Keep your new one from going bad.

Yep. So common it's part of the Unofficial FAQ. Good for you for figuring
it out on your own!

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/start...tml#badigniter

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Sam Nickaby March 20th 06 01:09 PM

92 accord inigtion problem

"videowow" > wrote

> The honda book calls it ignitor.

The book calls it the "igniter." Ignitor is for the barbecue grill.