AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   98JGC 5.2 Stumbles at cold start (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=62596)

[email protected] April 17th 06 08:36 PM

98JGC 5.2 Stumbles at cold start

The past few mornings my JGC takes a few cranks to start, when it
starts it seems its not firing on all 8 for about two seconds then it
runs fine.Its had a Recent tune-up and starts fine the rest of the day.
Any ideas?
Thanks, JK

billy ray April 17th 06 08:44 PM

98JGC 5.2 Stumbles at cold start

What has your weather been like?

Moisture around the ignition system perhaps....

oups.com...

DougW April 18th 06 12:47 AM

98JGC 5.2 Stumbles at cold start

billy ray did pass the time by typing:
> What has your weather been like?
>
> Moisture around the ignition system perhaps....

Or fuel leak-down putting air in the injector rail.
That can be just about anthing from the check valve
at the fuel pump to the regulator. Including leaking
injectors.

JK, try this. Turn the key on, wait a few seconds, turn
it off, then turn it on, wait a few seconds, then start.
That basically runs the pump a couple times. If it starts
well after that then your problem was leak-down.

[email protected] April 18th 06 03:12 PM

98JGC 5.2 Stumbles at cold start

It's been very wet, I live near Seattle.I filled up at a 76 station
I've never used before right before the problem started, bad gas maybe?
I will cycle the pump a few times and see what happens....Thanks