AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Airflow meter replacement? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=20512)

Don Benton January 5th 05 04:30 AM

Airflow meter replacement?

In my search for the best solution to getting colder air past my turbo
and into the engine, I've been vexed by the size of the stock airflow
meter. While perusing photos of an aftermarket intake, I noticed the
absence of the stock meter, which seems to have been replaced by a
much smaller unit.

Is there a smaller replacement for the stock Miata airflow meter?

DonB
'91 white w/Greddy

Leon van Dommelen January 5th 05 02:04 PM

Don Benton > wrote:

>In my search for the best solution to getting colder air past my turbo
>and into the engine, I've been vexed by the size of the stock airflow
>meter. While perusing photos of an aftermarket intake, I noticed the
>absence of the stock meter, which seems to have been replaced by a
>much smaller unit.
>
>Is there a smaller replacement for the stock Miata airflow meter?

The Link ECU replacement throws it out completely. I do not know
about smaller ones for the stock ECU.

Leon

--
Leon van Dommelen :) Bozo, the White 96 Sebring Miata .)
http://www.dommelen.net/miata