AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Low Tire Pressure Warning System (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72521)

[email protected] August 16th 06 11:14 PM

Low Tire Pressure Warning System

Hi,

I am looking for used low tire pressure sensors for my 96 corvette. I
call junk yards and they have no idea about them. I have called the
dealer and the prices are outrageous. Does anyone have any they are
trying to sell or know where one could find used sensors?

Thanks,
Colin

Z˙RiX August 17th 06 11:48 AM

Low Tire Pressure Warning System

check ebay

--
Z˙RiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Crabs[_1_] August 18th 06 01:44 AM

wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for used low tire pressure sensors for my 96 corvette. I
> call junk yards and they have no idea about them. I have called the
> dealer and the prices are outrageous. Does anyone have any they are
> trying to sell or know where one could find used sensors?
>
> Thanks,
> Colin

Colin:

http://www.CorvetteCentral.com stocks a small selection, some are
discontinued and out of stock, check for availability. Prices are
probably in the same general area as the dealers ($200+ per wheel)
Check the 'Vette dismantlers, places like:
http://www.Vette2Vette.com
http://www.carolsauto.com/
http://www.corvettesalvage.com/

Here's a great site that's got lots of 'Vette links:
http://www.idavette.net/parts.htm

Also, post a parts wanted message on the Corvette Forum:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

All kidding aside, the LPTWS wheel sensors can and do break and become
detached inside the tire causing potentially catastrophic damage.
They have been known to self destruct at high speed and cause massive
tire/wheel imbalance leading to tire failure. At speed, a sudden wheel
imbalance and/or tire shredding can be fatal.
Removing the sensors causes the LPTWS light to light on the DIC, but the
bulb can be removed quite easily.
It's a nifty feature to be sure, but if you do any sport driving at all,
I highly recommend that you consider removal of the sensors completely.

Good luck!

TomC
'90ZR1 #792

Crabs August 18th 06 04:02 PM