AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   1996 EB 150,000 miles. Whats going to go? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69556)

John Smith July 12th 06 03:50 AM

1996 EB 150,000 miles. Whats going to go?

It's been good all these miles with normal sevice. No major repairs except
the blend door. I'm just wondering what to expect and what preemptive
service I should do to avoid costly on the road repairs. Fuel pump? Timing
belt/chain? Any suggestions. Thanks.

Stephen M. Gluck July 12th 06 07:09 PM

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:50:04 -0400, "John Smith" > wrote:

>It's been good all these miles with normal sevice. No major repairs except
>the blend door. I'm just wondering what to expect and what preemptive
>service I should do to avoid costly on the road repairs. Fuel pump? Timing
>belt/chain? Any suggestions. Thanks.

Evaporator in the HVAC systen. Known problem. Cout away the insulation
around the evaporator and let the condensation drip, The insulation
doesnt let the part dry and eventually it will rust and start to leak.
The OEM replacement part does not have insulation.

John Smith July 13th 06 09:52 AM

1996 EB 150,000 miles. Whats going to go?

This is good info since the car has climate control and the AC runs all the
time, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. The car is garaged all the time.
Maybe that helps. Can anyone think of any other inherent problems I may
have?

Jeff[_8_] July 30th 06 08:25 AM

1996 EB 150,000 miles. Whats going to go?

Can you describe where is part is?

--
Jeff Warren