AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Sump dust/stone guard replacement cost (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=14973)

CasualBloke January 4th 05 04:38 AM

Sump dust/stone guard replacement cost

The plastic guard from under the engine of my 2000 Passat GLX wagon is now
history. i have been quoted $280 for a replacement part. The independent
garage (that specializes in the repair of German cars) told my wife approx
$120, but then called to say it was actually $280. He said that they
hadn't cost that much for him to replace in the past, but ours may be a
later model than the cars for which he has previously replaced this part.
Am I being screwed and, if not, is there a cheaper aftermarket supplier.
Thanks!!!!

Cheers,
Brian.