AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2001 Infinity radio issues (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=9423)

WVK January 16th 05 06:17 PM

2001 Infinity radio issues

Our 2001 T&C was blowing 20A fuses marked "rdo/ip ign",Infinity Radio
was not working. Replaced head unit with an identical one, played for
about 30 seconds, then quit same issue blowing fuses. Stumped Help!!

Thanks
WVK

WVK January 16th 05 08:28 PM

WVK wrote:

> Our 2001 T&C was blowing 20A fuses marked "rdo/ip ign",Infinity Radio
> was not working. Replaced head unit with an identical one, played for
> about 30 seconds, then quit same issue blowing fuses. Stumped Help!!
>
> Thanks
> WVK

It seems that it is the circuit, pulled the radio out, hooked up my
Amprobe across the fuse terminals, turned the key to both "on" and
"acc". Meter was pegged (at 10A setting) with the wires getting warm.
Didn't see any shorts inside radio location or around steering column
after pulling off plastic cover. Still stumped.

WVK