AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Crysler voyager -95 3.3l Backfiring in aircleaner (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8478)

Janne S Sweden October 16th 04 05:39 PM

Crysler voyager -95 3.3l Backfiring in aircleaner

My Voyager is backfiring in the aircleaner at 3700-4000 rpm when i
drive it and if the gearbox is in park and i rev it up to the above
rpm. It starts to missfire slightly and if i press the gas even more
it will backfire so much that i even blown a aircleaner top off. This
happens almost everyday but sometimes it will run perfektly. I´ve
changed wires and plugs whith no change.
There is no error code in the "check engine lamp" only 55.

Is there someone that can help me, i´m going crazy over this.
I´ve read a lot about mis/backfiring here, but nobody seems to have
exactly the same problem as me. meaning at a specific rpm regardless
of load/uphill/downhill/decelerating/in-gear and so on.

Help please!!!!!!!!

Janne

PC Medic October 16th 04 09:19 PM

timing ???

om...

PC Medic October 16th 04 09:19 PM

timing ???

maxpower October 16th 04 10:05 PM

spark and fuel pressure is not monitored by the pcm to set a fault code, you
may have very well damaged the coil. especially if you kept driving it with
this problem

maxpower October 16th 04 10:05 PM

jdoe October 17th 04 11:37 AM

I"d do a coil pack, wires, and plugs.
Larry

jdoe October 17th 04 11:37 AM

Ted Mittelstaedt October 17th 04 12:10 PM

"Janne S Sweden" > wrote in message
om...
> My Voyager is backfiring in the aircleaner at 3700-4000 rpm when i
> drive it and if the gearbox is in park and i rev it up to the above

Does your state have an emissions check? An EGR valve stuck closed
might cause this, and if your car has high NoX emissions that's the EGR.
Sometimes when this valve fails it won't set a code.

Did someone replace the plugs with a set that have the wrong heat
range?

Ted

Ted Mittelstaedt October 17th 04 12:10 PM

maxpower October 17th 04 12:46 PM

EGR valve will not cause this stuck open or closed