AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   woodgrain removal (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8917)

TByrd November 25th 04 12:10 AM

woodgrain removal

Has anyone ever tried to remove the woodgrain trim from a PT Cruiser? Any
tricks, tips? Thanks

[email protected] November 25th 04 12:40 AM

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:10:26 GMT, "TByrd" >
wrote:

>Has anyone ever tried to remove the woodgrain trim from a PT Cruiser? Any
>tricks, tips? Thanks

Same way you removed it from a Ford Country Squire. Get out the hair
drier / heat gun, and lots of patience.

[email protected] November 25th 04 12:40 AM

Geoff November 26th 04 10:12 PM

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:10:26 GMT, "TByrd" >
> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone ever tried to remove the woodgrain trim from a PT Cruiser? Any
>>tricks, tips? Thanks
>>

> Same way you removed it from a Ford Country Squire. Get out the hair
> drier / heat gun, and lots of patience.

....and expect the paint underneath to be noticeably glossier and less faded
in color than what wasn't covered.

--Geoff

Geoff November 26th 04 10:12 PM

TByrd November 27th 04 02:29 AM

Thanks for the tips. I have an 02 Cruiser that was in an accident, both
drivers side doors were severely damaged. I planned to replace the woodgrain
on my new doors until I discovered the cost of woodgrain on just the doors
would run over $1000.00. Absurd, so I decided to remove the woodgrain from
the rest of the car, but wasn't sure what I would be getting in to.

TByrd November 27th 04 02:29 AM