AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Passing driver that pulled over & slowed down (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8184)

Larry Scholnick January 7th 05 12:49 AM

Passing driver that pulled over & slowed down

I'm driving along behind a car that is traveling slightly above the posted 35 MPH. He pulls over to
the right (into the parking lane) and slows down substantially. As I pass him, he decides that he
want to return to the regular traffic lane and resume traveling at his previous rate of speed.
Remarkably, he is upset that I passed him. At the next light, he rolls down his window to yell at
me. Anyone care to offer an explanation?

Remember, I was content to follow him at 38 MPH; I only passed when he pulled over to the right and
slowed down.

Shawn Hearn January 7th 05 04:38 AM

In article > ,
"Larry Scholnick" > wrote:

> I'm driving along behind a car that is traveling slightly above the posted 35
> MPH. He pulls over to
> the right (into the parking lane) and slows down substantially. As I pass
> him, he decides that he
> want to return to the regular traffic lane and resume traveling at his
> previous rate of speed.
> Remarkably, he is upset that I passed him. At the next light, he rolls down
> his window to yell at
> me. Anyone care to offer an explanation?

Stupidity?

Shawn Hearn January 7th 05 04:38 AM

Daniel J. Stern January 7th 05 04:42 AM

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Larry Scholnick wrote:

> I'm driving along behind a car that is traveling slightly above the
> posted 35 MPH. He pulls over to the right (into the parking lane) and
> slows down substantially. As I pass him, he decides that he want to
> return to the regular traffic lane and resume traveling at his previous
> rate of speed. Remarkably, he is upset that I passed him. At the next
> light, he rolls down his window to yell at me. Anyone care to offer an
> explanation?

I'll type slowly so that you can follow along. If you don't understand the
response, try reading slower and sounding-out the hard words. Ready? Here
we go:

People are idiots.

Daniel J. Stern January 7th 05 04:42 AM

Paul January 7th 05 09:57 AM

"Larry Scholnick" > wrote in message
m...
> I'm driving along behind a car that is traveling slightly above the

posted 35 MPH. He pulls over to
> the right (into the parking lane) and slows down substantially. As I

pass him, he decides that he
> want to return to the regular traffic lane and resume traveling at his

previous rate of speed.
> Remarkably, he is upset that I passed him. At the next light, he

rolls down his window to yell at
> me. Anyone care to offer an explanation?
>
> Remember, I was content to follow him at 38 MPH; I only passed when he

pulled over to the right and
> slowed down.

You just met "Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend?"

Paul January 7th 05 09:57 AM

¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤ January 7th 05 03:50 PM

Yeah, it seems the world is full of ******s.

¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤ January 7th 05 03:50 PM

Daniel W. Rouse Jr. January 7th 05 04:05 PM

"Larry Scholnick" > wrote in message
m...
> I'm driving along behind a car that is traveling slightly above the posted

35 MPH. He pulls over to
> the right (into the parking lane) and slows down substantially. As I pass

him, he decides that he
> want to return to the regular traffic lane and resume traveling at his

previous rate of speed.
> Remarkably, he is upset that I passed him. At the next light, he rolls

down his window to yell at
> me. Anyone care to offer an explanation?
>
> Remember, I was content to follow him at 38 MPH; I only passed when he

pulled over to the right and
> slowed down.

What was your actual following distance?