AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   147 sidelight.... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=701)

cupra January 5th 05 02:21 PM

147 sidelight....

ISTR someone mentioning that it's a bit tricky replacing sidelight bulbs -
dealer has just quoted £20 to do so as part of service (short shrift
given....)?

[email protected] January 6th 05 09:44 AM

It can be easy or tricky...

Have a go, take the back headlight cover off, try and pull the black
bulb holder out. You will need a mirror and torch. If it comes out
easily then fine, it should just pull out with very little pressure.

If it doesn't, I'd take my =A320 to the dealer and get them to break
the bulb holder instead! (It is not available as a separate part, only
as part of the headlight assembly). They break very easily, after
which you are into a whole load of hassle (about 4 hours and some long
nosed pliars in my case!)

cupra January 6th 05 09:54 AM

wrote:
> It can be easy or tricky...
>
> Have a go, take the back headlight cover off, try and pull the black
> bulb holder out. You will need a mirror and torch. If it comes out
> easily then fine, it should just pull out with very little pressure.
>
> If it doesn't, I'd take my £20 to the dealer and get them to break
> the bulb holder instead! (It is not available as a separate part, only
> as part of the headlight assembly). They break very easily, after
> which you are into a whole load of hassle (about 4 hours and some long
> nosed pliars in my case!)

Cheers - I'll give it a tentative go, and if I can't manage it I'll pay
someone to do it!

(when a simple rubber seal needed changing on my filler neck, they had to
order the whole neck assembly too...)