AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   156 v6 24v EOBD / OBD II (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26492)

Jamie Chamberlain March 9th 05 04:54 PM

156 v6 24v EOBD / OBD II

I have a 1999 156 v6 Q-sys.
Can any body tell me whether it is OBD2 or EOBD compliant, as I have found
out that is likely to of gone into "limp-home" mode since my earlier post!

Ulrik March 12th 05 09:09 PM

It is OBD II compilant. EOBD started in 2001.

Ulrik

Col March 17th 05 05:07 PM

I would disagree with that, I'm afraid. Before mid-2000 the V6 was
Alfa/Bosch specific; i.e. not even OBD-II, let alone EOBD. Same electrical
connections, but very different high-level protocol. The various OBD-II
software out there will not work. One app that will work - I use it on my
W-reg V6 - is he http://www.alfadiag.net/

Colin

. ..