AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   LCD monitor (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17482)

Chad Pierce November 25th 04 02:57 PM

LCD monitor

Any reviews or information on this monitor?

Philips 190S5FB

Thanks,
f1simracer

Andi Cole November 25th 04 07:40 PM

Doesn't seem to be listed on Philips web site but the 190B5CS is. That's a
25ms response time so wouldn't be particularly good for fast moving
graphics.

I use a BENQ FP937S which has a 12ms response time, although I understand
8ms TFT's will be available by Xmas. That's not to say that response time is
the only measure of a TFT. Brightess, contrast and viewing angles need to be
competitive too. Then there's the all too difficult 'image quality' to
consider.

--
Andi.

Remove only one zero to reply

Bass November 25th 04 09:31 PM

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:40:13 -0000, "Andi Cole" >
wrote:

>I use a BENQ FP937S which has a 12ms response time,

And I bet it only displays 8bit color. That's how they get the
response timing down usually. Less colors to display = faster response
time.

Dave Henrie November 25th 04 11:14 PM

Bass > wrote in news:onjcq0hid7l2i9a39hqg94f375outnhjmb@
4ax.com:

> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:40:13 -0000, "Andi Cole" >
> wrote:
>

>>I use a BENQ FP937S which has a 12ms response time,

> And I bet it only displays 8bit color. That's how they get the
> response timing down usually. Less colors to display = faster response
> time.

What is a good site to research LCD's? A member of our TPTCC Road
Racing online league was asking the same question.

dh

Tiny Lund November 26th 04 03:03 AM

" What is a good site to research LCD's? A member of our TPTCC Road
Racing online league was asking the same question."

I was recently looking into the LCDs and it was difficult to find a good
site with lots of reviews. I did find this:
http://tech-report.com/reviews/2004q1/lcds/index.x?pg=1 which gives some
pros and cons of LCD that I thought were helpful.

7.136...

Tanstaafl November 26th 04 03:58 AM

Try here.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=610

Tanstaafl November 26th 04 04:01 AM

Or here.
http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_cont...=vp201b&page=1

arny November 26th 04 03:44 PM

> > What is a good site to research LCD's? A member of our TPTCC Road
> > Racing online league was asking the same question.

Good place to start:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/oth...lcd-guide.html

Bass November 26th 04 08:26 PM

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 20:00:32 -0600, "mjones53" >
wrote:

>this is the one I am waiting on.
>
>The Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ has an industry leading ultra-fast 8ms response
>time making it perfect for blur-free video and gaming. With it's 700:1
>contrast ratio and excellent viewing angle their is no other TFT/LCD that
>can match the quality and performance of Hyundai's latest L90D+ LCD Monitor.
>
>- 8ms Response Time
>- 0.294mm of Pixels Pitch
>- 700:1 Contrast Ratio
>- 300 CDm˛ Brightness
>- 150°/ 135° (h./v.) Viewing Angles
>- frequency range 31 to 80kHz horizontal and 56 to 75Hz vertically
>- Automatic Picture Synchronisation
>- 1280 x 1024 with 60Hz recommended resolution
>- 16.7 million colors display
>- Dual inputs: D-Sub and DVI-D signal input
>- DVI cable included
>- integrated loudspeaker (2ch x 2 Watts RMS)
>- headphone connection
>- TCO 03
>- Kensington ready
>- Integrated power pack (Saving more desk space)
>- 3 years on-site warranty

Looks good on paper, but I expect it is very expensive too.

Steve Smith November 27th 04 02:48 PM

Au contraire. $380 is dirt cheap compared to almost any other 19-incher.