AutoBanter

-   General (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Which make and model is this car? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=15559)

Pakistani Video July 6th 04 08:47 PM

Which make and model is this car?

I am sure its a newer American.
http://web.pdx.edu/~haider/video/index.htm
(please post, may not get your email)

Rex B July 6th 04 10:25 PM

On 6 Jul 2004 12:47:23 -0700, (Pakistani Video) wrote:

||I am sure its a newer American.
http://web.pdx.edu/~haider/video/index.htm
||(please post, may not get your email)

Grand Am.
Texas Parts Guy

Glenn July 7th 04 03:31 AM

Definitely a Pontiac Grand Am.

Now the question needs to be asked, what happened that you need to id this
car on a surveillance video? Couldnt the police do it?
I am assuming that someone in Oregon is not too accepting of foreign born
people.

"Pakistani Video" > wrote in message
om...
> I am sure its a newer American.
> http://web.pdx.edu/~haider/video/index.htm
> (please post, may not get your email)

---

dreas July 7th 04 01:23 PM

"Pakistani Video" > wrote in message
om...
> I am sure its a newer American.
> http://web.pdx.edu/~haider/video/index.htm
> (please post, may not get your email)

It could be a late model Pontiac Grand Am but it's badly
out of focus and the year isn't 2007 yet. It's probably a
rental car, and without a plate number cannot be traced...

-'dreas

Rex B July 7th 04 04:17 PM

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:23:54 GMT, "dreas" > wrote:

||"Pakistani Video" > wrote in message
.com...
||> I am sure its a newer American.
||> http://web.pdx.edu/~haider/video/index.htm
||> (please post, may not get your email)
||It could be a late model Pontiac Grand Am but it's badly
||out of focus and the year isn't 2007 yet. It's probably a
||rental car, and without a plate number cannot be traced...

Probably a rental, since no one actually buys Grand Ams.
Texas Parts Guy

Pakistani Video July 7th 04 11:55 PM

Thanks for identifying the make-n-model.
It seems like I am doing what cops should have done.
I am building the case again aginst the same bad-ass who promised
to stay away from me and my property after I gave them my word that
I will not press any charges (after they were picked up by cops last
time). I have learned my lesson, this time they will pay.
Only two homes on this street are owned by US-born, rest of em
all foreign born like me.

Tony P. July 8th 04 12:46 AM

In article >,
says...
> Definitely a Pontiac Grand Am.
>
> Now the question needs to be asked, what happened that you need to id this
> car on a surveillance video? Couldnt the police do it?
> I am assuming that someone in Oregon is not too accepting of foreign born
> people.

You'd be surprised what police departments don't know.

Of course I live in a community where the PD is once again going to buy
a canned records management system when they could spend half or less
the money and develop the solution themselves using MySQL and PHP. But
their PhD I.T. director doesn't have the skills.

Rex B July 8th 04 03:22 PM

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 23:46:39 GMT, Tony P.
> wrote:

||In article >,
says...
||> Definitely a Pontiac Grand Am.
||>
||> Now the question needs to be asked, what happened that you need to id this
||> car on a surveillance video? Couldnt the police do it?
||> I am assuming that someone in Oregon is not too accepting of foreign born
||> people.
||You'd be surprised what police departments don't know.
||Of course I live in a community where the PD is once again going to buy
||a canned records management system when they could spend half or less
||the money and develop the solution themselves using MySQL and PHP. But
||their PhD I.T. director doesn't have the skills.

That's why he's working in city government rather than private industry.

Texas Parts Guy