AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Baby on the Way - Jeep has to go? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=11624)

Brad Fuqua December 3rd 04 03:46 PM

Baby on the Way - Jeep has to go?

So, my wife is pregnant. Now, I'm facing the terrible situation of
possibly having to let my 97 TJ Sahara be put up for sale. My wife
hates driving the TJ and I'm not sure I feel comfortable having the
baby in there either. So, what to do? Any advice from people who've
made it through with babies in a TJ?

Any body interested in a nice 97 TJ in Texas? I'm probably going to
get it all cleaned up this weekend and ready to sell.

The thought of selling my Jeep is killing me. I've owned it for a
year and a half and I don't think the Jeep bug will ever be out of my
system. If I sell, I know there's another one in my future some day.

Love to hear any advice or experiences about babies and Jeeps!

Brad

Dennis Cox December 3rd 04 04:27 PM

My kids (6,4,2) love my TJ. I think the youngest rode in it when she was 18
months or so. Any younger than that and the ride is a little jarring on
them. Our 7 week old has not been in it yet except to just look at it.

If you love the Jeep and can get by with always taking the baby in the other
vehicle for 1-2 years, then keep it. If not, sell it. Like you said, you
can get another one later.

Where in TX are you? Do you have any pieces and parts that you might sell?
I'm in the DFW area.

Just my $.02.
m...

Dennis Cox December 3rd 04 04:27 PM

My kids (6,4,2) love my TJ. I think the youngest rode in it when she was 18
months or so. Any younger than that and the ride is a little jarring on
them. Our 7 week old has not been in it yet except to just look at it.

If you love the Jeep and can get by with always taking the baby in the other
vehicle for 1-2 years, then keep it. If not, sell it. Like you said, you
can get another one later.

Where in TX are you? Do you have any pieces and parts that you might sell?
I'm in the DFW area.

Just my $.02.
Dennis
m...

jeff December 3rd 04 04:35 PM

Well, if you can't find an older minivan so you can keep the Jeep, find a
recent XJ, 3" Lift, 31s, ARB front & rear.

m...

jeff December 3rd 04 04:35 PM

Well, if you can't find an older minivan so you can keep the Jeep, find a
recent XJ, 3" Lift, 31s, ARB front & rear.

m...

Jeff Strickland December 3rd 04 05:19 PM

"Brad Fuqua" > wrote in message
m...
> So, my wife is pregnant. Now, I'm facing the terrible situation of
> possibly having to let my 97 TJ Sahara be put up for sale. My wife
> hates driving the TJ and I'm not sure I feel comfortable having the
> baby in there either.

Why? Sure, the baby will not tolerate winters very well, but after the first
winter blasts through, the baby will be fine. We can't do much about your
wife's attitude, but don't worry about the kid. If the wife makes you move
on, then move on. If the wife is OK, then keep the Jeep.

It is a '97, and the odds are it is paid for at that age, assuming you
bought it new. And you can keep it around for a weekend vehicle - which for
my money is the best way to have a TJ anyway - and get a new Truckster
Family Sedan with a herd of baby seats strapped in the back. Never mind, I
just read the rest of your post. If the payment is manageable, keep the Jeep
and get the Truckster anyway, otherwise do what the Mrs. says.

Jeff Strickland December 3rd 04 05:19 PM

m...

Pudljmpr53 December 3rd 04 05:19 PM

My son is 5 mos. old now and he seems to like the YJ. His first ride was at
about 4 mos. No long trips, just local errands. I'm a bit reluctant to have
the top down when he's in it though. He's still in an infant seat so he's
firmly planted. He does go to sleep pretty quick from the bumpy ride.
Fortunately my wife had her own Saturn, which died about 4 months ago, so we
went out and got her a used Grand Cherokee. She loves it and there's plenty of
room. So, don't sell your Jeep... get another one ; )
Kris Andrews
91 YJ
96 Grand Cherokee

IsellJeeps December 3rd 04 05:52 PM

I am in houston and need more info on the Jeep...I can pay cash on the spot!

--
Jarod Sprauer
www.sprauermotorsports.com

www.HoustonJeeps.com