AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Dodge Intrepid Code 41 ? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=4414)

johndoe August 2nd 04 09:53 PM

Dodge Intrepid Code 41 ?

The car slipped into a lower gear after getting warmed up driving around for
a couple of hours.

Transmission rebuilt, $2G later, but still the same problem and the same
code 41.

Any ideas? Please, I could use some advice.

Thank you.

Daniel J. Stern August 2nd 04 09:58 PM

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, johndoe wrote:

> The car slipped into a lower gear after getting warmed up driving around
> for a couple of hours. Transmission rebuilt, $2G later, but still the
> same problem and the same code 41. Any ideas? Please, I could use some
> advice.

Find a new mechanic(s). The one you used made a quick and large sale on
you, and didn't find or fix the actual problem.

Daniel J. Stern August 2nd 04 09:58 PM

Punch August 3rd 04 11:03 AM

"johndoe" > wrote in message news:ARxPc.260$an.224@trndny08...
> The car slipped into a lower gear after getting warmed up driving around

for
> a couple of hours.
>
> Transmission rebuilt, $2G later, but still the same problem and the same
> code 41.
>
> Any ideas? Please, I could use some advice.
>
> Thank you.

where and how are you getting this code, I can't find a code 41 in my obd2
codes?

back to the shop, and tell them you got ripped off.

Punch August 3rd 04 11:03 AM

Steve August 3rd 04 04:45 PM

johndoe wrote:

> The car slipped into a lower gear after getting warmed up driving around for
> a couple of hours.
>
> Transmission rebuilt, $2G later, but still the same problem and the same
> code 41.
>
> Any ideas? Please, I could use some advice.
>
> Thank you.

Probably one of the $30 sensors that was the only bad part in the
original transmission (usually the turbine speed sensor or output speed
sensor.)

Steve August 3rd 04 04:45 PM

Bill August 4th 04 12:29 AM

Code 41 is an electrical problem in the Low/Reverse solenoid circuit. This
is an ELECTRICAL problem.

Best regards,
Bill

Bill August 4th 04 12:29 AM

Refinish King August 4th 04 03:24 AM

I was chatting with a gentleman in another group:

He said you can rebuild them all you want, but the firmware in the computer
must be updated, other wise the transmission will continue to self destruct.

I have heard of this before, but I am limited in Dodge/Chrysler experience,
I do mostly GM/

I hope this helps?

Refinish King

PS
Call a few transmission rebuilders, and ask about this, and tell the
rebuilder. He is ultimately responsible.